Building D: Addition and Renovation, February 2013 - December 2014
- Lake Drive is accessible and ADA parking spaces are available on the north side of Building D.
- Watch for Trucks entering campus from the Construction Access Road and accessing Parking Lot 6. Please slow down and be alert.
Accessing Building D:
- Building D will remain open during construction.
- Select entrances, sidewalks and grounds around Building D are now closed.
- To reach Building D from the Quad, use the doors on the west half of the building.
- Parking for Building D is available in Lot 8.
Scope: Construct the structural components for the two-story plus basement addition to the east end of Building D.
- Install additional exits on north side of existing Building D.
- Close select exits on south side of D Building.
- Close the sidewalk between Lot 7 and the Quad.
- Install safety fence around the Phase 1 construction site.
- Demolish east exit halls D199a and D299d.
- Perform earthwork for new building pad and excavations for basement areas.
- Install concrete foundations and structural steel framework.
- Extend utilities to serve the building addition.
- Construct addition.
See Map PDF of construction zone.