Employment: Title I of the American's With Disabilities Act (ADA)
Title I of the American's with Disabilities Act of 1990 prohibits private employers, state and local governments, employment agencies and labor unions from discriminating against qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, hiring, firing, advancement, compensation, job training and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment. The ADA covers employers with 15 or more employers, including state and local governments. It also applies to employment agencies and labor organizations.
Other Employment/Disability Links and Resources
- Access and Disability Services—Request accommodations or learn about services at Harper
- Job Accommodation Network—Information about job accommodations and the employability of individuals with disabilities
- United States Department of Labor—Disability Resources
- A guide for people with disabilities seeking employment—ADA FAQ
- My Disability is One Part of Who I Am