Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality is included in the EH&S/RM Procedure Manual, Section 14 .PDF
Physical Plant strives to provide a comfortable indoor air environment.
- Report poor indoor environmental conditions (e.g. stuffy air, hot or cold problems, odors) to Physical Plant 847.925.6350.
- Report water intrusion into buildings as soon as possible to Physical Plant 847.925.6350.
- If you feel health effects due to the indoor air, report these to your supervisor. If symptoms persist proceed to Health Services.
Tips to help to maintain good indoor air quality:
- Limit the use of products or equipment that produce odors or use solvents. Use only in rooms that have ventilation that can exhaust such odors.
- Minimize generation of dust or aerosols in the work area.
- Maintain good housekeeping in work and break areas. Throw away garbage and old food and clean up spills promptly.
- Do not bring ozone producing devices or humidifiers onto campus. Ozone producing devices have not been proven safe and humidifiers can add mold and bacteria into the air when not properly maintained.
If you have concerns that are not causing health effects or cannot be addressed by one of the above steps, submit this form.