Fleet Safety Guidelines
Fleet Safety is included in the EH&S/RM Procedure Manual, Section 17.
Harper College has defined standards of conduct and established requirements for faculty, staff, students and volunteers that operate motor vehicles while conducting Harper College business. The primary goal is to prevent accidents and minimize the risk of personal injury.
The Fleet Safety Procedures include:
- Driver Qualifications
- Qualification Procedure
- Driver Responsibilities
- Accident Reporting/Investigation
- Pre-trip Inspection
- Transportation of Children in Grades K-12
- Restricted use of Passenger Vehicles
- Use of Personal Vehicles
Employees that are to drive a College owned OR rented vehicle with student passengers must become an authorized driver by completing the steps below at least two weeks prior to driving:
- Review Fleet Safety Procedure
- Sign the Vehicle Use Acknowledgement Form attach a copy of your drivers license and send it to: Environmental Health and Safety (email@example.com).
- You must also take a one time online "Decision Driving" course. A link will be sent to you once EH&S has received the Acknowlegement Form.
The College has one mini-bus that seats 14 passengers. To inquire as to the use of the mini-bus you can call Student Affairs at x6466. After the trip is complete you should complete the Trip Ticket (provided with the keys) and your Department will be charged for the use of the mini-bus. The mini-bus keys can be picked up at Student Affairs , however you will not be given the keys unless you have gone through the above steps in order to be an authorized driver.
Vehicles may also be rented and the keys will be dropped off at the office that coordinated the rental, again you will not be given the keys unless you have gone through the above steps in order to be an authorized driver.