Mail Center staff collects and distributes mail to the Palatine campus, the Harper Professional Center (HPC), Illinois Employment and Training Center (IETC), and the Learning and Career Center in Prospect Heights (LCC), daily.
Mail is delivered daily.
- Please use large manilla envelope.
- Write mail codes prominently on the envelope.
- Do not use room numbers.
- Cross out previous addresses.
All outgoing mail is metered and leaves campus at 3 p.m. and is picked up by a mail service by 4:30 p.m.
Please prepare your mail as follows:
- Either have flaps down or extend all envelope flaps and rubber band together to ensure no materials fall out.
- On manila envelopes, place the address in the SAME DIRECTION as the mail flap, preferred for lower cost landscape.
- Include your department name in the return address.
- Any international mail should be kept separate from regular mail to ensure it is handled correctly.
- If you have a large mailing that will not fit in the provided mail bag please contact the Mail Center for a special pick-up.
Mailing of 200 or more pieces of identical weight (i.e., transcripts) and/or identical information (i.e., arts brochure) will go out as either first class or non-profit. It is vital that you submit a Marketing Project Request 2-3 weeks prior to the mailing date.
A Marketing Specialist will work with you to ensure your mailings are cost efficient and meet U.S. Post Office regulations and/or non-profit restrictions.