Academic Planning and Pathways
Establish practices that empower and support students in exploring and identifying academic options for effective planning and progress toward achieving their educational goals.
At Harper College, this refers to developing and providing our students with forms of communication, information and guidance to support them in effectively identifying and completing their educational goals. The intent of this goal is not to limit the educational options of our students, but to provide resources that contribute to students’ progress toward their goals.
Goal Targets 2016-2019
- Implement “meta-majors” structure by August 2017.
- Reduce the number of “undecided” students at time of application from 25% to 15% by fall 2018.
- Reduce the number of “undecided” students at time of registration from 8% to 5% by fall 2018.
In FY2017 the team plans to:
- Determine, vet, and recommend implementation of meta-majors and associated programs.
- Improve intake process described in College Catalog and application.
- Determine the best methodology for ensuring Harper students have a clear vision of where they are going and why.