Curriculum and Instruction
Evaluate curriculum and assess outcomes to provide optimal and diverse educational opportunities for Harper students.
Faculty-directed curriculum development and evaluation provide Harper College with enriching courses and programs of study. Continual evaluation at course and program levels maintains curriculum currency and relevance. Curriculum will continue to be evaluated with deliberation, care, and collaboration to ensure that it meets intended outcomes and evolving student, community, transfer, workforce, and global needs. Various forms of discipline-specific assessment at Harper College encourage reflection, responsiveness, and adjustment, toward helping all students master the knowledge and skills needed to achieve their educational goals.
Goal Targets 2016-2019
- Implement a process for quality assurance in online/blended courses.
- Provide a program to support faculty intervention in student course retention.
- Identify 2-3 high-impact teaching practices effective across disciplines.
In FY2017 the team plans to:
- Review best practices and current Harper practices related to improving course completion rates in gateway courses.
- Present results of best practices inquiry.
- Engage Harper faculty to elicit potential improvements in curriculum and instruction.