Dietary Manager Certificate
The Dietary Manager program curriculum is approved by the Association of Nutrition and Foodservice Professionals (ANFP).
The more you learn, the more you earn.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for this profession is projected to grow 5 percent from 2014 to 2024, about the average for all occupations..
- Industries with the highest employment and wages for this occupation are hospitals, long-term care facilities, local government and special food services.
Prepare for immediate entry into this career field.
This 19 credit-hour Dietary Manager certificate program is designed for persons who desire a position in health care food service supervision. Food service personnel working in nutrition related fields who would like to enhance their management and clinical skills and promotion opportunities may also benefit from this program of study.
A dietary manager performs supervisory and clinical duties necessary to meet the basic nutritional needs of individuals. Supervision of employees, assuring menu acceptance by clients and managing food production are several of the responsibilities of a dietary manager.
Coursework includes both theory and practice under the direction and guidance of professional registered dietitians. The curriculum is currently approved by the Association of Nutrition and Foodservice Professionals (ANFP). Students are eligible for ANFP student membership and those who complete the certificate are eligible to take a national certification examination to obtain the title Certified Dietary Manager, Certified Food Protection Professional (CDM, CFPP) and active ANFP membership.
Upon completion of the Dietary Manager program the student will be able to:
- Participate in the operation of food service systems to assure the nutrition needs of clients are being met.
- Identify practices necessary to assure a safe and sanitary food service environment
- Plan and implement care plans to meet basic nutrition needs of clients
- Tuition Rates and Fees
- Lab Fees (DIT 150)*: $115
- Books: $500+
- Uniform, Shoes, Name Tag: $100/$150
- Health Insurance(student responsible for coverage) Varies
- Professional Liability Insurance: Included in laboratory fees
- Health Requirements/CPR: Varies by student
- Criminal Background Investigation/Drug Screen: Included in laboratory fees
- Association of Nutrition and Foodservice Professionals Student Membership (optional): $64
*Subject to change on a yearly basis
Some position titles available to you after graduation are:
- Certified Dietary Manager (after successfully passing a national examination)
- Dietary Manager
- Director of Food Service
- Food Service Supervisor
There are a variety of settings in which a dietary manager can work including:
- Long Term Care Facilities
- Correctional Facilities
Association of Nutrition and Foodservice Professionals. www.anfponline.org
Harper Career Paths
- Learn how to progress in this field. Includes occupation and wage information