Medical Office Administration (MOA) / Health Care Office Manager
Medical assistants perform administrative and clinical tasks in a variety of work settings
The more you learn, the more you earn.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. employment of medical assistants is projected to grow 23 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations.
- Medical assistants held about 591,300 jobs in 2014. Most of these assistants work in physicians’ offices, hospitals, outpatient clinics, and other healthcare facilities.
Prepare for immediate entry into this career field.
The Health Care Office Manager Associate in Applied Science Degree (AAS) is a 60 credit-hour program designed for thoe seeking a rewarding career in healthcare. Develop the skills necessary to manage the day-to-day office operations of a medical facility. View Health Care Office Manager AAS curriculum.
This concentrated 35 credit-hour certificate program is designed for the individual who is interested in becoming an insurance billing specialist or biller or coder in an outpatient/ambulatory care facility or a claims approver in an insurance company. View Health Insurance Specialist curriculum.
This concentrated 36 credit-hour certificate program is designed for the individual who is interested in becoming a medical assistant in a physician's office or other outpatient health care setting. View Medical Assistant curriculum.
Professional Accreditation and Certification:
The Medical Assistant certificate program at Harper College has been accredited by the Commission on the Accreditation of Allied Health Educational Programs (CAAHEP). Upon recommendation of the Medical Assistant Education Review Board (MAERB. Graduates of the programs are eligible to sit for the national certification examination sponsored by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA). The MOA graduate who successfully completes this national examination is credentialed as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA-AAMA).
Commission on the Accreditation of Allied Health Educational Programs
25400 US Highway 19 North, Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33763
*The Medical Assistant Certificate program at Harper College is accredited by the
Commission on Accreditation Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Medical Assistant Education Review
Board (MAERB). The program has been placed on Probationary Accreditation as of September
Please contact the Program Coordinator for more information on this temporary status or for name(s) and pertinent information regarding the national professional organization(s) affiliated with the programs in the Medical Office Administration department.
Program Graduate Outcomes:
- The Medical Assisting program at Harper College has a CMA exam pass rate average of 83% over the past five years.
- Graduates of the Medical Assisting program are satisfied with the education that they receive at Harper College institution, as there is an average 90% graduate satisfaction rate over the past five years.
- Medical assisting program at Harper College has an average retention rate of 96% for the past five years, and there are a number of support services available to students so that they can successfully complete the program.
Please contact the Program Coordinator for more information regarding graduate outcomes.
American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
AAMA (http://www.aama-ntl.org) provides the medical assistant professional with education, certification, credential acknowledgment, networking opportunities, scope-of-practice protection, and advocacy for quality patient-centered health care.
This 24 credit-hour certificate program is designed for the individual who is interested in working in a medical facility at the front desk. View Medical Receptionist curriculum.
During their final semester in a Medical Office program, each student is required to complete an externship--the cooperative work experience phase of their training. Our students participate in externships at quality healthcare facilities. Learn more about externships..
Harper Career Paths
- Learn how to progress in this field. Includes occupation and wage information
Attend the MOA Information Meeting (optional). Meeting dates and times