Harper College offers an AAS degree as well as five certificate programs. In the following descriptions, the highlighted courses indicate incremental coursework required if you already hold a certificate from earlier in the sequence.
- Domestic Refrigeration and Heating This 16 credit-hour certificate program provides the necessary training for installation,
maintenance and repair of domestic refrigeration and heating systems. Special attention
is given to home heating devices and to domestic refrigeration appliances.
- Heating Services This 15 credit-hour certificate program allows individuals to concentrate solely
on heating systems. In addition to fundamental heating principles, the students will
study basic and advanced heating and cooling controls.
- Refrigeration Service This 16 credit-hour certificate program focuses solely on refrigeration. Students
concentrate on mastering the fundamentals of installing, maintaining, and repairing
a variety of commercial refrigeration systems. Special consideration is given to the
conservation, recovery, and recycling of refrigerants, including chlorofluorocarbons
(CFCs) hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs.)
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Service
This 27 credit-hour certificate program focus its curriculum on residential comfort systems and light commercial equipment. In addition to mastering the ins and outs of residential comfort systems, candidates for this certificate also learn advanced heating and cooling controls.
- Residential Comfort Systems This 19 credit-hour certificate provides a broad spectrum of the HVAC industry. Students train and learn to install, service, and repair residential, industrial, and commercial refrigerating systems.