Human Resource Management Certificate
Earn Your Certificate in Just Nine Months
This program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs and the Higher Learning Commission.
The Human Resource Management Certificate can increase your success in any industry and positively impact your career goals. Whether you’re currently employed or planning to start your own business, earning this certificate will enhance your ability to manage talent, an organization's greatest asset.
While pursuing the certificate, you will explore all critical human resources functions including HR planning, job analysis, recruitment and selection, employment law, training and development, performance reviews, and compensation and benefits.
Benefits of This Fast Track Certificate
- Enjoy one-night-a-week classes and a fixed schedule that maps your path to a Human Resources Management certificate in as little as nine months.
- Earn college credit that can be applied toward an accredited Associate's degree
- Get support from academic counselors throughout the program.
- Apply newly-acquired knowledge and skills in your current position
- Interact with fellow students and share experiences while learning in a cohort
- Learn from industry professionals with extensive experience in HR
What You'll Learn
- Gain new knowledge and skill in numerous key areas of Human Resources Management
- Understand strategic human resources planning
- Review effective employee training and management development programs
- Create more effective job descriptions
- Identify key employment law issues including equal employment
- Explore recruitment and selection processes to ensure the hire of the best employees
- Understand effective employee termination practices
- Explore innovative compensation and benefit programs
- Understand current and future labor relations issues
- Critically analyze business and HR management issues
- Write and speak more effectively in business situations
Space is limited for the February 8, 2017 program start.
Human Resource Management Certificate Program Courses
- Courses held at the Harper Professional Center (HPC) in Schaumburg
|SAMPLE COURSE SCHEDULE
Your actual schedule may be different.
|Orientation Session||Attend a mandatory orientation focused on your success in the program|
|Semester 1||Course||Credit||Course Name|
|MGT 111||3||Introduction to Business Organization|
|MGT 265||3||Human Resource Management|
|Semester 2||Credits||Course Name|
|ACC 216||3||Employment Law|
|MGT 204||3||Training and Development|
|MGT 275||3||Labor Management Relations|
|Semester 3||Course||Credits||Course Name|
|MGT 280||3||Organizational Behavior|
|18 credits: Human Resource Management Certificate earned.|