Human Resource Management Certificate
Organizations rely on human resources professionals as partners for building and maintaining a successful organization. The Human Resource Management Certificate develops your knowledge and understanding of human resources functions including general HR management, training and development, employment law, labor relations management and organizational behavior in the business environment.
Learn more at the Tuesday, July 15 Info Session or schedule your personal appointment.
What you'll learn
- Understand the relationship between human resources management and the overall management of the organization
- Define the functions of human resource managers and the skills needed to be effective
- Understand the role of training and development in retaining and advancing employees
- Examine past and present employment laws in the United States and their impact on employers and employees
- Understand the processes and the framework that influence the relationship between management and labor
- Apply a managerial and interpersonal relations process approach to problem solving, communication and group dynamics
This is your opportunity to
- Complete your program in as little as eight months
- Learn from professional faculty with extensive backgrounds in the field
- Prepare to enter a new industry or advance your career in Human Resources
- Distinguish yourself with new skills and knowledge
- Enjoy one-night-a-week classes and consistent schedule
- Work with a Fast Track counselor who will help you throughout your program
Space is limited for the September 22, 2014 program start.
Human Resource Management Certificate Program Courses
Courses are subject to change.
|Orientation Session||Attend a mandatory orientation focused on your success in the program|
|MGT 111||3 credits||Introduction to Business Organization|
|ACC 285||3 credits||Human Resource Management|
|ACC 216||3 credits||Employment Law|
|MGT 204||3 credits||Training and Development|
|MGT 275||3 credits||Labor Management Relations|
|MGT 280||3 credits||Organizational Behavior|
|Total||18 credits||Human Resource Management Certificate Awarded|