An Accelerated, Part-time Program That Fits Your Life
Harper College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Pre-selected and pre-scheduled, allowing for more independent work
- Primarily offered in 5 to 8-weeks lengths, accelerating your learning
- Guaranteed with a consistant day/time simplified schedule
- Conveniently held at the Harper Professional Center (HPC) in Schaumburg or at the main Palatine campus
- Offered in a cohort format, allowing for peer support and progress
- Limited in size, allowing for personalized interactions with your instructor
Prior credit earned at Harper College or other institutions will be considered for each program.
Fast Track Degree Options
Associate in Applied Science - Business Administration
Choose from specializations in Management, Entrepreneurship, Financial Management, Human Resources, Insurance or Marketing
- One-night per week program: Starts Wednesday, February 15, 2017.
- Two-night per week program: Starts Tuesday, January 24, 2017.
Fast Track Certificates
- Health Information Technology (HIT) Medical Coding Starts Tuesday, January 17, 2017.
- Human Resource Management Starts Wednesday, February 8, 2017.
- Supply Chain Management Starts Thursday, January 12, 2017.
Fast Track Admission Requirements
Acceptance into the Fast Track program requires prospective students to complete the general Harper Application for Admission plus the following:
- Meet with a Fast Track Counselor to discuss the program in detail and determine if it meets your educational and career goals. Any prior credit that can apply to the program requirements will also be discussed.
- Complete English and Math placement testing (or have prior credit) for those interested in the AAS degree only (certificates do not require these placement tests)
- Attend the mandatory orientation night for your desired program
Students with prior college credit at Harper or another institution must have an overall GPA of 2.0 or better to enter Fast Track. Exceptions to this requirement can be made on a case-by-case basis.
Tuition and Payment
Tuition and fees are paid each semester or on a course-by-course basis. Estimated tuition and fees for current Fast Track programs are:
- AAS-BA Degree Approximately $8,900
- Health Information Technology (HIT) Medical Coding Certificate: Approximately $2,800
- Human Resource Management Certificate: Approximately $2,700
- Supply Chain Management Certificate: Approximately $4,400
Your actual costs may vary. Tuition rates for all Fast Track programs are based on Harper College's tuition and fees schedule. These estimates are based on in-district rates and assume an individual follows the entire program of study. Books and other course supply fees are not included.
Paying for College
- All Fast Track programs are financial aid eligible.
- You may qualify for financial aid or scholarships.
- The Business EdVantage program allows people who live outside of Harper's district, but work in-district organization, to take college credit courses at in-district rates.
Services to Help You Succeed
Take advantage of the many benefits offered to Harper College students including services provided at the main campus and the Harper Professional Center (HPC):
- On-site academic counseling at the Harper Professional Center helps students with course selection, long-term academic planning, and transfer information.
- Career Development Center
- Computer Lab (HPC and main campus)
- Fitness Center
- Job Placement Resource Center
- Academic Support Centers provide free assistance in areas such as accounting, math and English.
Fast Track courses, support services and academic counseling are offered at:
Harper Professional Center (HPC)
650 E. Higgins Road, Schaumburg, IL 60173
Transfer to Complete Your Bachelor's
Harper partners with colleges and universities that offer nontraditional, online programs, and/or on-campus adult-friendly degree completion programs to allow you to transfer quickly and complete your bachelor's degree. College and university representatives are on-site multiple times each semester to meet with you and answer your questions. Degree requirements vary by school.