What is Fast Track?
Fast Track is an accelerated, part-time program designed specifically for students who want to complete a certificate or degree by attending either one or two class sessions a week. Pre-selected and pre-scheduled classes run from five to sixteen weeks in length and allow students to do more work independently. The program is offered in a cohort format in which a group of students attend all program courses together. Limited class size allows for personalized interactions with your instructor and classmates.
Harper is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs,
What Programs are Available?
Fast Track Degrees
- Associate in Applied Science career degree - Business Administration Starts Thursday, September 10, 2015.
- Associate in Arts transfer degree - Business Administration Starts Thursday, August 20, 2015.
Fast Track Certificates
- Advanced Accounting Bookkeeper/Clerk Starts Tuesday, August 18, 2015.
- HIT Medical Coding Starts Tuesday, August 25, 2015.
- Human Resource Management Starts Tuesday, September 15, 2015.
- Supply Chain Management Starts Wednesday, August 19, 2015.
Condensed class schedules are pre-planned and pre-packaged for your convenience and to help you complete your program on time. Classes are held at the same time each week, providing consistency for students. The majority of classes are held at an accelerated pace and classes are guaranteed (no cancelled classes).
Tuition Rates for Fast Track Programs
Tuition rates for all Fast Track programs are based on Harper College's tuition and fees schedule. Estimated tuition and fees for current Fast Track programs are:
- AAS-BA (Career): Approximately $8,000
- AA-BA (Transfer): Approximately $8,000
- Advanced Accounting Bookkeeper/Clerk Certificate: Approximately $2,700
- HIT Medical Coding: Approximately $2,800
- Human Resource Management Certificate: Approximately $2,500
- Supply Chain Management Certificate: Approximately $3,200
Your actual costs may vary. These estimates are based on in-district rates and assume an individual follows the entire program of study. Books and other course supply fees are not included.
Tuition and fees are paid each semester or on a course by course basis.
In-District Tuition for Employees of Local Companies
If you work in-district but live out-of-district, Harper offers you in-district tuition if the company you work for is part of Harper's Business EdVantage. To find out if your company is registered, call 847.925.6847. If they are not registered, we can do that for you too.
The Office of Student Financial Assistance offers scholarships and financial aid programs for those who qualify. Contact a representative for more information.
Student Success Support
Take advantage of the many benefits offered to Harper College students including services provided at the main campus and the Harper Professional Center (HPC):
- On-site academic counseling at the Harper Professional Center helps students with course selection, long term academic planning, and transfer information.
- Career Development Center
- Computer Lab (HPC and main campus)
- Fitness Center
- Job Placement Resource Center
- Academic Support Centers provide free assistance in areas such as accounting, math and English.
Fast Track courses, support services and academic counseling are offered at:
Harper Professional Center (HPC)
650 E. Higgins Road, Schaumburg, IL 60173
Transfer to Complete Your Bachelor's
Harper partners with colleges and universities that offer nontraditional, online programs, and/or on-campus adult-friendly degree completion programs to allow you to transfer quickly and complete your bachelor's degree. College and university representatives are on-site multiple times each semester to meet with you and answer your questions. Degree requirements vary by school.