Courses, Degrees, and Certificates
Distance courses are offered through a combination of delivery modes that may include online or blended formats. You can learn more about courses that are offered via distance education by selecting on one of the courses options in the left column.
Harper College currently offers 11 degrees in distance-learning format. Some classes needed to complete these distance degrees mayrequire on-campus visits for orientations, lectures/discussions, labs and/or proctored testing.
- Associate of Arts (AA)
- Associate of Science (AS)
- Associate in General Studies (AGS)
- Associate of Applied Sciences (AAS)
- Accounting Associate
- Computers in Business: Applications (AAS)
- Computers in Business: Computer Support (AAS)
- Computers in Business: Database Management (AAS)
- Computers in Business: Management Information Systems (AAS)
- Computers in Business: Network Administration (AAS)
- Management (AAS)
- Marketing (AAS)
Harper College currently offers 21 certificates entirely through distance education. A certificate program is made up of a sequence of courses in a specialized academic and/or technical area. Certificates can require as few as two courses or as many as ten courses for completion. A grade point average of 2.0 (C grade) or higher entitles the student to a certificate of achievement in that field of specialization. While some certificate coursework prepares the student to take a licensure exam, all courses are applicable toward an associate degree.
Some classes needed to complete these distance certificates may require on-campus visits for orientations, lectures/discussions, labs and/or proctored testing.
- Accounting Assistant Certificate
- Accounting Bookkeeper/Clerk Certificate
- Advanced Accounting Bookkeeper/Clerk Certificate
- Professional ACCTG-CPA Preparation Certificate
Computer Information Systems:
- Business Software Specialist Certificate
- Computers in Business Certificate
- Computer Support Technician Certificate
- Database Management Certificate
- Software Development Certificate
- Network Administration Certificate
- Networking Fundamentals
- Network Support Technician
Early Childhood Education:
- Early Childhood Education: Assistant Teacher Certificate
- Advanced Management Certificate
- General Management Certificate
- Small Business Management Certificate
- E-Commerce Business Certificate
- Sales Management and Development Certificate
- Accessible Web Design and Compliance Certificate
- Web Development Certificate
- Web Visual Design Certificate
View a complete list of required and/or elective courses for each certificate above so you can plan your course of study.