The average smartphone today has more computing power than the Apollo 11 did when it journeyed to the moon. (Source: www.time.com)
The more you learn, the more you earn.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage of computer science-related professions ranged from $46,000 to $100,000 in May 2010.
Harness the Power of Technology
Write code to create software programs. Provide help and advice to people and organizations using computer software or equipment. Study an organization's current computer systems and procedures and make recommendations to management to help the organization operate more efficiently and effectively. Store, organize and protect sensitive data, such as financial information and customer shipping records. Create internal networks that connect workers within organizations. Protect a firm or company from cyberattacks. Invent and design new technology and find new uses for existing technology.
Learn these skills and more by studying computer science and pursuing a career in computer and information research, programming and software development, computer support, computer systems or information security analysis, web or software development, database administration or computer network architecture.
Choose the Degree or Certificate That Meets Your Goal
Prepare to transfer to a four-year college or university to complete a bachelor's degree:
Check out transfer school options:
Available majors for bachelor's degree completion at four-year colleges or universities may include:
- Computer Information Systems
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Information Systems Technologies
- Business Information Systems
- Database Management
View CE courses, seminars and certificates.
- Computer Training
- Cisco CCNA Network Specialist Certificate
- Computer and Network Security Specialist Certificate
- Computer and Network Support Technician Certificate
- Internet and Computing Core (IC3) Certificate
- Java Programmer Certificate
- MCSD: Web Application Developer Certificate
- Office Administrator Certificate
- Oracle Database Administrator Certificate
Harper Career Paths
Includes occupation and wage information: