Harper College Continuing Education
Get ready for a new job or enrich your life with courses from Harper College Continuing Education. We offer hundreds of classes and programs year around for learners from 8-88+. Thanks for checking us out!
Registration for August-December 2017 Courses
- Download the August-December 2017 Course Schedule (PDF). Get a head start on fall!
- Join the mailing list for the latest CE Course Schedules and other publications.
- Questions? Call 847.925.6300 or email us to learn more.
New courses are always starting at Harper Continuing Education. Details such as course dates and times are subject to change. Stay current here on our website, on your favorite social media sites, or follow our blog, CE Now!
- Attention Hoffman Estates! New music and fitness courses offered at two HE facilities.
- Driver Educationclasses for all ages and skill levels: behind-the-wheel, classroom and online!
- Center for Music & Arts(CMAC) programs including
- Microsoft Office 2016 courses at the beginning, intermediate and advanced levels.
- Harper Digital Badge programs give you the skills for your next promotion or a whole new career.
- 100% Online Courses: Expanded online program includes business management and supervision, data analysis, power selling, entrepreneurship, digital marketing, classroom techniques for K-12 teachers, online course development, and more.
- WIOA-Approved Programs: Learn about the Harper College programs that are certified to provide education and training to workers who have been awarded vouchers under the federal Workforce Investment Act (WIOA).
- Six Sigma Info Session, Friday, August 18, 8:30-10:00 a.m.
- Computer Training Info Session: Big Data: Wednesday, August 23, 6-7 p.m.
- ACT/SAT Test Prep Info Session: Wednesday, August 23, 7-8 p.m.
- Lost Kingdoms of the Maya Informational Meeting: Wednesday, September 13, 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- Pet Parent U: Saturday, September 30, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Cosmetology Program Info Sessions: Tuesday, October 10, 10-11 a.m. or 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) Write-Ins: Fridays & Saturdays, 11/3-12/2
- Veterinary Assistant Info Session: Wednesday, November 15, 7-8 p.m.
- ACT/SAT PRACTICE 101 (LAS 0011): NEW: Saturday, 9 a.m.-12 p.m., 8/26 OR 9/9.
- Deconstructing the News (LLI 1186-101): New section: Thursdays, 11/30-12/14, 1:30-3:00 p.m., Harper Main Campus, Bldg X, X233.
- Improv for Everyone (LFA 0046-003): New section: Mondays, 10/26-12/4, 7-9 p.m.
- Introd to Blues Harmonica (LMU 0202-071): NEW: Saturdays, 9/9-10/14, 11 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Intro to Blues Harmonica (LMU 0202-081): NEW: Saturdays, 10/21-12/2, 11 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Make Money Flying Drones (LCE 0114-004): New section: Tuesday, 8/15, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- NaNoWriMo Come Write-In (LLA 0249-081): NEW: Fridays, 11/3-12/1, 6-10 p.m.
- NaNoWriMo Come Write-In (LLA 0249-082): NEW: Saturdays, 11/4-12/2, 8:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Quality/Productivity Workshop (LBS 0018): NEW: Tuesday, 9/12, 9-11 a.m.
- Queen: A Night at the Opera: NEW: Friday, 10/20, 7:00-9:30 p.m.
- Series: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band: NEW: Fridays, 11/3-12/1, 7:00-9:30 p.m.
- The Road to Sgt. Pepper: NEW: Friday, 11/3, 7:00-9:30 p.m.
- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band at 50: NEW: Friday, 11/3, 7:00-9:30 p.m.
- Six Sigma Lean Training (LBS 0017): NEW: Tue & Thu, 10/10-10/12, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- The Beatles Post-Pepper: NEW: Friday, 11/3, 7:00-9:30 p.m.
- Chair Yoga (LLI 0049-099): Date/Day/Time Change: Mondays, 9/29-11/17,10-11 a.m.
- CNA Skills Recertification (LAH 0004): Date Clarification - Class meets Saturday, 10/14, from 1-5 in Building X, Room X241. From 10/15-12/10, students attend the clinical portion off-site. Details will be provided in class.
- Computer Training Information Session: Location Update - The 8/16 session will be held at Harper Professional Center (HPC) at 650 E. Higgins Rd., Suite 2W, Schaumburg.
- Improv for Everyone (LFA 0046-001): (now LFA 0046-002) Date Change to 8/21-10/9
- Oracle DB 12c: Admin Workshop (LOR 8620-300): Replaces Oracle DB 12c: Adm Ins Upg Acc (LOR 8613-300): Saturdays, 11/4-12/9, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., HPC 221
- Piano Ensemble (LMU 0433-C04): (now LMU 0433-C05) Day/Date Change to Wednesdays, 8/23-12/13, 9:20-11:50 a.m.
- Photo 202: Intermediate Photography (LEI 0403): Date Change to 10/25-12/13.
- Photographer as an Artist (LEI 0407): Date Change to 10/26-12/14.
- Real Estate Staging (LRE 002-001): Day/Date Change to Tuesdays and Thursdays 12/5-12/14.