Become More: Therapeutic Massage
In less than one year, you can become a Licensed Massage Therapist and launch a career as a self-employed practitioner or begin work in a variety of therapeutic settings. Built on a strong foundation of anatomy, physiology, and pathology, the in-depth curriculum covers everything from business practices to complementary therapies and exceeds state requirements.
You will gain extensive experience in both the classroom and the clinic and learn
from instructors who are advanced-level practitioners in the field and passionate
about shaping the future of massage. This flexible training program is designed to
fit either an evening/Saturday or daytime schedule. Classes begin three times per
year. The program is for recent graduates or those well into their careers seeking
flexible hours, good pay, security, and satisfaction from the work they do every day.
Requirements for Harper Digital Badge
The Digital Badge requires a combined 780 hours of classroom instruction and clinical practice. It is possible to complete all coursework in as little as nine months. Search these courses for more information:
- Introduction to Therapeutic Massage, LTM 0001
- Therapeutic Massage Fundamentals, LTM 8011
- Therapeutic Massage Theory, LTM 8012
- Therapeutic Massage Advanced Technique, LTM 8013
- You must be 18 or older and meet the standards of a background check in order to obtain Illinois state certification.
- Prospective students are urged to attend an information session at Harper College prior to registration to explore whether the Therapeutic Massage Digital Badge is a good fit for their career objectives. Click below to reserve a spot in an Information Session.
- Students entering the Therapeutic Massage Digital Badge program are required to take the 16-hour Introduction to Therapeutic Massage class prior to beginning the formal course of study. This class will introduce the special language, concepts and professional ethics of the massage therapy field as well as providing familiarity with the terminology, uses and objectives of massage therapy as a healing art.