Web Maintenance and Design
The demand for secure and well-designed websites is greater than ever.
If you want to maintain and update business or organizational websites, earn the Web Maintenance and Design Digital Badge to demonstrate your expertise. You do not need prior knowledge of computer programming to design and maintain web pages. All the skills and tools you need are covered in this program. This program is geared for people who want to enter the website maintenance and design field or advance their standing in existing jobs.
1. Five required courses:
- Introduction to HTML, LCT 0190
- Intermediate HTML, LCT 0290
- Web Design and Usability Techniques, LCT 0201
- Introduction to Cascading Style Sheets, LCT 0210
- Intermediate Cascading Style Sheets, LCT 0215
2. One elective from the following list (when offered):
- Introduction to Dreamweaver, LCT 0275
- Introduction to PHP, LCT 0292
- Introduction to WordPress, LCT 0590
- Adobe Photoshop CC I, LCT 0036
3. Web Maintenance and Design Portfolio Workshop, LCT 0204
Basic Internet and Microsoft Office skills
All courses are held at the Harper Professional Center (HPC), 650 E. Higgins Road, Schaumburg.
All courses in this program may be taken independently.