Computer-Based GED Testing
Now available at the Harper Professional Center.
Harper’s Workforce Certification Center has partnered with Pearson VUE to provide
you with a convenient location to take your computer-based GED (General Educational
- Create your account and register online at the GED testing site.
- If you need additional help, click here for a tutorial on how to register for the GED.
- Applicants with a consulate ID or foreign passport, must bring proof of IL Residency in order to test (IL State ID or current utility bill with name and address).
- Select the exam(s) you wish to take and choose the Harper Certification Center Test Site.
Harper College Professional Center (not Harper main campus)
650 East Higgins Road, Suite 2W
Schaumburg, IL 60173
- Schedule your exam time based on availability.
- Provide payment. This payment has to be a credit card, debit card or pre-paid card.
At GED.com you will get information about local policies and how to request modified testing conditions (accommodations), and you will be able to schedule all your GED exams. Scheduling is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with MyGED™ at GED.com.
Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to the Harper Professional Center in Schaumburg. View directions to the Harper Professional Center.
- Bring a valid, current, signed, government-issued photo ID. This may be a driver’s license, state I.D., IDHS card, passport or consulate I.D. Testing in Illinois requires proof of IL residency.
Important: The Proctor at the Testing Center will REFUSE ENTRY if you have insufficient identification. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR IDENTIFICATION AT HOME.
Q: What are the costs and duration of each GED Exam Module?
Q: Am I eligible to take the test?
Q: Should I re-test?
Q: What is a passing score?
Q: How can I access the GED Test Tutorial?
Q: How do I get my results?
Q: How do I get an official transcript and/or diploma if I reside in Cook County?
Cook County GED Testing Program
The cost is:
Q: How do I get an official transcript and/or diploma if I reside in a county other
than Cook County?
Q: I can't make the test. How do I reschedule?
Q: Where can I take preparatory classes for the GED?
Q: Are there study guides available for purchase?
Q: Where can I take the Constitution Test?