Workforce Certification Center
Providing you with the best in certification testing.
Harper College partners with leading certification testing providers to offer secure, reliable and convenient online testing for our community. Harper Workforce Certification Services at the Harper Professional Center (HPC) in Schaumburg brings together state-of-the-art technology and user-friendly service to give you the best possible testing environment. Call the Workforce Certification Center (WCC) for more information at 847.925.6066.
- Secure certification testing in our high tech labs
- Group testing for your company or organization
- Test and certification preparation training
- Workforce skills development and career-specific training
- NEW - The Harper Mobile Unit: Your Classroom on Wheels
Reservations must be made in advance for all tests, either with Harper College or directly with a testing provider. Testing is done onsite at the Harper Professional Center during regular business hours.
Harper’s Workforce Certification center has partnered with the following academic institutions to administer Accuplacer testing for incoming students:
- Northern Illinois University (NIU)
- PIMA Community College
- Texas A&M University
- Rio Hondo College
- Southern Maine Community College
- Central Maine Community College
As an ACT WorkKeys® Solution Provider, WorkKeys job skills assessments are available at the Harper Professional Center. Successful completion of ACT WorkKeys assessments in Applied Mathematics, Locating Information, and Reading for Information lead to earning ACT's National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC). Learn more about the National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC).
Need to cancel or reschedule? Call 847.925.6066 x2.
We offer Certiport Testing for Microsoft Office, Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA), IC3, Autodesk User, Adobe and Intuit QuickBooks exams. Before arriving for your test, you must create a tester account with Certiport. A $25 proctoring fee will be assessed for anyone bringing their own voucher.
Need to cancel or reschedule? Call 847.925.6066 x2.
The Workforce Certification Center at the Harper College Professional Center offers secure, reliable, testing services in the Midwest. We are conveniently located in Schaumburg, a Northwest Suburb of Chicago. We proctor both paper and computer based exams, including the administration of distance learning exams for non-Harper students.
Guidelines for Examinees:
- Examinees must present a government issued, current, photo ID at the time of testing.
- Examinee is responsible for bringing prepaid shipping envelopes with them if their school does not cover return shipping of test papers.
- Examinees must begin and end the test within the regularly scheduled hours of the testing lab and within the dates allotted for their correspondence/distance learning tests.
Proctoring fees are assessed per exam and based on the maximum time allowed for the exam. The fees per test are shown in the table below. Acceptable payment includes credit or debit card or online check. Fees are nonrefundable.
Two hours or less
Four hours or less
More than four hours
Scheduling an Exam:
- All exams are administered by appointment, click here to schedule.
- When scheduling an appointment, choose the maximum amount of time allowed for an exam. If the amount of time is unknown, please contact the exam sponsor (company, institution, instructor, etc.).
- Exams should be scheduled at least one week prior to testing date.
- If the exam is untimed, choose an appropriate amount of time needed.
- Late arrivals may or may not be accommodated depending on seat availability and/or office hours.
Please provide your institution/school with the information listed below. We accept exams by mail or email. We do NOT accept faxed tests. Questions? Please call 847.925.6066 option 2.
Harper WCC Testing Center
Harper Professional Center
650 E. Higgins Road, Suite 2W
Schaumburg, IL 60173
Each exam MUST include the following information:
- Student’s name
- Institution’s name
- Course name and test number
- Materials student is allowed to have/access during the exam
- If a calculator is allowed, please specify what kind (graphing, non-graphing, scientific, etc.)
- Exam instructions (time limit, delivery format, etc.)
- Contact information for the institution/instructor/tech support, including after-hours/weekend contact information.
- Method of returning the exam (address/information to scan and email, fax, mail)
There is a processing time of one business day for all exams. Exams must be received at least 3 business days before the student wishes/needs to take the exam. Our office does not keep unopened exams on file for more than six months.
- Proctors will scan and email, fax, or mail (USPS only) exams back to the student’s institution.
- If the exam must be returned by a traceable method, the institution or the student must provide a prepaid UPS envelope. (If FedEx is used, there may be an additional delay of one business day).
- Students are NOT allowed to mail the tests back themselves.
- Completed tests are returned the following business day.
Harper's Workforce Certification Center has partnered with PearsonVUE to provide you with a secure and convenient place to take your GED exams completely online. You must register for each exam separately. More information and frequently asked questions.
Computer or Paper based High School Equivalency Testing available at the Harper Professional
Harper’s Workforce Certification Center has partnered with ETS to provide you with a convenient location to take HiSet exams.
The Manufacturing Skills Standards Council (MSSC) hosts a certification system focused on the core skills and knowledge needed by the nation's front-line production and material handling workers. We offer Certified Production Technician (CPT) and Certified Logistics Associate (CLA) exams. You must have an MSSC ID# to sit for an MSSC assessment.
Need to cancel or reschedule? Call 847.925.6066 x2.
Harper’s Workforce Certification Center is a member of the PAN Test Center Network and hosts exams for multiple government-based agencies such as the TSA, FBI, and U.S. Border Patrol which are administered at the Harper Professional Center in Schaumburg. The Workforce Certification Center also offers I-9 processing through Performance Assessment network (PAN). The I-9 form is used to document that each new employee (both citizen and non-citizen) is authorized to work in the United States. The Candidates will be scheduled in order to have the I-9 form verified by a proctor. Candidates will not use a computerized test station but rather work with the proctor to complete the form.
Candidates will schedule an appointment through PAN up to 24 hours prior to the desired I-9 session upon availability. Candidates will not schedule an appointment directly with the test center.
PAN – A TALX Company
11590 N. Meridian Street, Suite 200
Carmel, Indiana 46032
Pearson VUE Testing delivers exams for leading technology vendors including Cisco, CompTIA, Microsoft, Oracle, and many others through a highly comprehensive and secure network of test centers. Search Pearson VUE for the complete list of exam offerings at Harper.
Register for an exam:
- Visit the Pearson VUE Testing Center (PVTC) website and create an account.
- Access the Test Taker Services Section, select the test type category (IT) and then
Harper College's PVTC testing site is 66517.
Need to cancel or reschedule? See Pearson VUE's scheduling instructions.
Exams are NOT at Harper's Main Campus, but are held at the Harper Professional Center (HPC) , 650 E. Higgins Road, Suite 2W, Schaumburg, IL 60173-4741. Find directions to the campus.
There is free parking directly in front of the building at HPC. Additional parking is located behind the building.
Q: How do I register for an exam?
A: All registrations are handled online. You must select the type of exam you wish to take from above in order to see which online service you will be using to register.
Q: How much will it cost to take my exam?
A: Depending on which exam you wish to take, each exam has its own cost. When you register for your exam, you will be shown the cost. If you have a pre-paid voucher, you can utilize it and pay a small proctoring fee instead of the full exam cost.
Q: How can I find scheduling availability?
A: You will need to select the type of exam you wish to take from above and proceed to start the registration process in order to view scheduling availability.
Q: Are there any additional times besides the ones showing up online?
A: We’re sorry, but the only available times are visible online.
Q: What materials do I need to bring with me?
A: All exams require one form of government-issued picture ID. Many exams require a secondary ID with a signature. If your individual exam requires additional materials, you will receive that information in an email after you register.
Q: Is there a secure place to store my belongings while I take the test?
A: Cell phones, purses and other personal items are not allowed in the testing labs. You may use our lockable storage cabinet on the premise or you will have to leave your items in your car.
Q: Can I cancel or reschedule my exam?
A: Depending on which exam you are scheduled for, each provider has their own rules regarding rescheduling, cancellations and refunds. Please read carefully at time of registration to find the regulations for your exam.
Q: Are there any additional types of exams that Harper offers?
A: The only exams currently offered are listed above. We may offer additional exams in the future.
Q: Who can I contact if I will be arriving late?
A: You can call the Workforce Certification Center (WCC) at 847.925.6066. We will let you know if we will still be able to seat you for your exam.
Q: Are any exams delivered in languages other than English?
A: Many exams have language options. You will need to check online to see if the exam provider (ex. GED, PearsonVUE, Certiport) has the language you need for your exam.
Q: How do I find out about weather closings?
A: Visit harpercollege.edu or call 847.925.6000 to find out if there are any building closures due to inclement weather.
Q: Who can I contact with questions?
A: You can call the Workforce Certification Center (WCC) with any questions at 847.925.6066. However, registration and payment can only be accepted online.
Q: What is the difference between the three high school equivalency exams?
A: GED is only available via computer.. HiSET and TASC offer both computer and paper based exams.