Learning never ends. Harper Continuing Education brings you courses covering a wide range of personal interests to help you keep improving and have fun doing it. Take a class on your own, or register with a friend. Fulfill your potential!
Review our Personal Enrichment lineup and see what fits with your interests, passions, and hobbies. Note that not all Personal Enrichment courses are offered every term. See our current Course Schedule for the latest information.
Personal Enrichment Course Categories
- CULTURE STUDIES
- Lost Kingdoms of the Maya - Join Harper College Anthropologist Professor Helmut Publ on an exciting journey to the world of this ancient Central American civilization. This program includes a optional CE course and spring 2017 trip to Mexico. Find out more!
- DO IT YOURSELF
- DRIVER EDUCATION AND REFRESHER COURSES
- FOR ADULTS WITH DISABILITIES
- HOLISTIC LIVING
- MOTORCYCLE SAFETY
- WINE SOMMELIER AND WINE APPRECIATION
- WORLD LANGUAGES AND CULTURE
Students born on or after January 1, 1949:
- are eligible for a 50 percent tuition discount starting on their 65th birthday.
- can register at any time to receive the discount as long as they are 65 years old at the time of registration.
- may apply the discount only to Personal and Cultural Enrichment Continuing Education courses.
In-district students born before January 1, 1949:
- may choose to register four calendar days or more prior to the start of a course to guarantee a seat. In this case, the student is eligible for a 50 percent tuition discount only to Personal and Cultural Enrichment Continuing Education courses.
- may choose to register three calendar days or less prior to the start of a course to receive a 100 percent tuition discount on a space-available basis determined by the number of seats open, for all Continuing Education courses. Reminder: All fees are due at the time of registration. Senior citizen discounts do not apply to Lifelong Learning Institute and Aquacise courses, which are already discounted for seniors.
Personal and Cultural Enrichment courses begin with the following prefixes:
- LAA - Paranormal
- LEI - The Arts
- LET - Pet Care
- LFA - Theater/Performing Arts
- LFS - Culinary
- LHF - DIY
- LIO - Independent Offerings
- LLA - The Writing Studio
- LLG - Gardening
- LLL - Languages
- LMU - Music
- LPA - Sports Activities
- LPD - Dance
- LPE - Fitness/Recreation
- LPF - Personal Finance
- LPL - Science
- LPP - Aquatics
- LPS - Sports