Harper College Continuing Education
Get ready for a new job or enrich your life with courses from Harper College Continuing Education. We offer hundreds of classes and programs year around for learners from 8-88+. Thanks for checking us out!
Registration for August-December 2017 Courses
- Download the August-December 2017 Course Schedule (PDF). Get a head start on fall!
- Join the mailing list for the latest CE Course Schedules and other publications.
- Questions? Call 847.925.6300 or email us to learn more.
New courses are always starting at Harper Continuing Education. Details such as course dates and times are subject to change. Stay current here on our website, on your favorite social media sites, or follow our blog, CE Now!
- Attention Hoffman Estates! New music and fitness courses offered at two HE facilities.
- Driver Educationclasses for all ages and skill levels: behind-the-wheel, classroom and online!
- Center for Music & Arts(CMAC) programs including
- Microsoft Office 2016 courses at the beginning, intermediate and advanced levels.
- Harper Digital Badge programs give you the skills for your next promotion or a whole new career.
- 100% Online Courses: Expanded online program includes business management and supervision, data analysis, power selling, entrepreneurship, digital marketing, classroom techniques for K-12 teachers, online course development, and more.
- WIOA-Approved Programs: Learn about the Harper College programs that are certified to provide education and training to workers who have been awarded vouchers under the federal Workforce Investment Act (WIOA).
- Computer Training Info Session: Wednesday, September 20, 6-7 p.m.
- CAIC Conference: October 5 & 6, 2017, Harper College Building W
- Cosmetology Program Info Sessions: Tuesday, October 10, 10-11 a.m. or 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- 2017 Training for Trucking Professionals: A Seminar for Trucking Companies, Safety Managers, and Truck Drivers: Saturday, October 14, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) Write-Ins: Fridays & Saturdays, November 3-December 2
- Dog Grooming Assistant Info Session: Monday, November 6, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Veterinary Assistant Info Session: Wednesday, November 15, 7-8 p.m.
- Computer Training Info Session: Wednesday, December 13, 5-6 p.m.
- Computer Training Info Session: Wednesday, January 10, 6-7 p.m.
- Deconstructing the News (LLI 1186-101): New section: Thursdays, 11/30-12/14, 1:30-3:00 p.m., Harper Main Campus, Bldg X, X233.
- Improv for Everyone (LFA 0046-003): New section: Mondays, 10/26-12/4, 7-9 p.m.
- Initiation to Wine (LFS 0391-002): New section: Thursdays, 11/2-11/30, 7-9 p.m.
- Intro to Blues Harmonica (LMU 0202-081): NEW: Saturdays, 10/21-12/2, 11 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- NaNoWriMo Come Write-In (LLA 0249-081): NEW: Fridays, 11/3-12/1, 6-10 p.m.
- NaNoWriMo Come Write-In (LLA 0249-082): NEW: Saturdays, 11/4-12/2, 8:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Queen: A Night at the Opera: NEW: Friday, 10/20, 7:00-9:30 p.m.
- Series: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band: NEW: Fridays, 11/3-12/1, 7:00-9:30 p.m.
- The Road to Sgt. Pepper: NEW: Friday, 11/3, 7:00-9:30 p.m.
- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band at 50: NEW: Friday, 11/3, 7:00-9:30 p.m.
- Six Sigma Lean Training (LBS 0017): NEW: Tue & Thu, 10/10-10/12, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- The Beatles Post-Pepper: NEW: Friday, 11/3, 7:00-9:30 p.m.
- Chair Yoga (LLI 0049-099): Date/Day/Time Change: Mondays, 9/29-11/17,10-11 a.m.
- CNA Skills Recertification (LAH 0004): Date Clarification - Class meets Saturday, 10/14, from 1-5 in Building X, Room X241. From 10/15-12/10, students attend the clinical portion off-site. Details will be provided in class.
- INSTALLATION, STORAGE AND COMPUTE WITH WINDOWS SERVER 2016 (LNT 8740): Date Change to 11/2-12/12
- Oracle DB 12c: Admin Workshop (LOR 8620-300): Replaces Oracle DB 12c: Adm Ins Upg Acc (LOR 8613-300): Saturdays, 11/4-12/9, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., HPC 221
- Photo 202: Intermediate Photography (LEI 0403): Date Change to 10/25-12/13.
- Photographer as an Artist (LEI 0407): Date Change to 10/26-12/14.
- Real Estate Staging (LRE 002-001): Day/Date Change to Tuesdays and Thursdays 12/5-12/14.