Continuing Education General Information
Harper College Continuing Education offers courses throughout the year. Our Course Schedule is published several times a year as a general reference to our programs. Some information, such as class locations and times can change. So, for the most up-to-date information, check online or on the acknowledgement you receive when you register for a course. Check our website and blog to stay current with news, events, and programs.
Offices and Hours
We are available by phone or in-person to handle your registration or information needs, Monday-Friday: 8 a.m-4:30 p.m. Closed Saturday, Sunday, and college holidays.
Harper College Continuing Education (Main Campus)
Wojcik Conference Center (Building W Lobby)
1200 W Algonquin Road, Palatine IL 60067
Maps and Directions
Harper Professional Center (HPC)
650 E. Higgins Road, Suite 10S
Schaumburg, IL 60172
Maps and Directions
Harper Learning and Career Center (LCC)
1375 S. Wolf Road
Prospect Heights, IL 60090
Maps and Directions
Frequently Asked Questions
Some courses provide students with textbooks in the classroom. When applicable, a course description notes that fees include the cost of textbooks.
All other textbooks, laboratory manuals and supplies may be purchased at the Harper Store.
Some Continuing Education classes require students to purchase supplies. Supply lists are distributed at the first class or available for download. If the supply list for your course is currently unavailable, please check back as lists are updated regularly.
CE classes are held on the Harper College main campus at 1200 West Algonquin Road, Palatine, IL 60067, and at many extension sites. Make sure you know exactly where your classes will be held and how to get there. In the Harper CE Course Schedule and on our website and other documents, Harper CE class locations are indicated using a code for the site and sometimes a room number.
If the location code contains one letter, the class is on the main campus (example: W218 is room 218 in Building W on the main campus). If the location contains multiple letters, this indicates an extension site (example: HPC123 is in room 123 of the Harper Professional Center). If no room number is given, go to the location where further information will be available.
Download the current Harper CE Site List for addresses and contact information for all our locations.
Harper College Continuing Education instructors are experienced industry professionals with firsthand knowledge of what it takes to thrive in today's economy. Ninety-eight percent of Harper CE students rate our instructors as "Good" to "Excellent."
If you are interested in teaching a class, please view open Continuing Education Instructor positions at Harper Jobs.
Find detailed information about registrations and payments.
We understand that schedules change and unexpected events can occur. Harper CE follows these guidelines for all cancellations and changes.
Transcripts of non-credit Continuing Education coursework at Harper College are available at no charge.
An unofficial transcript (not signed or sealed by a school official) is available anytime online through MyHarper, the student portal.
Print and complete the CE Transcript Request Form, being sure to include student's Harper ID number, signature and the address to which transcript should be sent. Fax the request to 847.925.6810 or mail to:
Attn: Continuing Education
Wojcik Conference Center (Building W)
1200 West Algonquin Road
Palatine, IL 60067-7398.
Transcripts will be mailed within four business days of receipt of your request, except during peak periods when the process may take two weeks. Requests for transcripts with current semester grades will be processed at the end of the semester, when final grades become available.
The College reserves the right to withhold transcripts of persons who have past due monetary obligations such as tuition, fees or materials.
Each year, Harper College Continuing Education maintains a three-term schedule: fall, spring, and summer.
- Fall registration opens in early July. Classes run from August through December.
- Spring registration opens in November. Classes run from January through May.
- Summer registration opens in March. Classes run from May through August.
To register, find the Course number and Start Date for the class(es) you want in our current Course Schedule. Online registration only accepts credit card payment.
Classes are held on the main campus and at several extension sites, so it is important to check the location of your class. You can find the addresses of extension sites here. Give yourself extra time to get to class on the first day as the Harper campus is large.
Payment is due at the time you register. Payment options include:
- Credit Card Payments: We accept payment by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express). For your security, regardless of registration method, all payment is processed electronically and confirmed by email.
- Check Payments: Your check will be processed electronically and an email verification sent to your Harper email address.
- Third Party Payments: Students must supply written confirmation from a third party payer before registering. Call 847.925.6300 for assistance. Confirmation may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to: Harper College, Attn: CE Registration, First Floor, Wojcik Conference Center (Building W), 1200 W. Algonquin Road, Palatine, IL 60067
- Payment Plan: Continuing Education tuition and fees may be paid using e-Cashier, an online, interest-free payment plan on the Harper College Student Portal. There is a $35 administrative fee per session to use this service.
- Illinois Veterans Grant: Illinois Veterans Grant (IVG) students must be approved for benefits prior to registering for Continuing Education classes. Students with IVG benefits must register either by telephone 847.925.6300 or in person at the Continuing Education Office, on the first floor of the Wojcik Conference Center at the main campus. Class fees must be paid at the time of registration and are not included in IVG benefits. To apply for or confirm IVG benefits, contact Harper’s Veterans Specialist at 847.925.6000, ext. 2195.
- Alternative Lenders: Harper Continuing Education DOES NOT accept Financial Aid acquired through the FAFSA, but does accept payment from alternative loan options for classes with tuition over $1,000. Please contact us at 847.925.6000, ext. 2161 to discuss financial options. You may also wish to contact your own financial institution for alternative loan options. The federal code for Harper College is 003961.
- Unemployment Training Funds: Harper College CE partners with the Illinois Department of Employment Services to offer job-seekers access to a broad range of employment, training, education and economic development services through any workNet location. Find out if you qualify through your local unemployment office.
You must drop a class at least 24 hours or more before it begins in order to receive a full refund. If it is less than 24 hours before the class begins or it has already begun, you may still withdraw; however, there are no refunds for withdrawals. You can drop a class 24 hours or more before the class begins online or by calling 847.925.6300.
If a medical or personal emergency prevents you from finishing a class, you can file an appeal to request a pro-rated tuition. Please include your name, contact information, the class name and times and the reason you cannot complete the class. Send appeals to: email@example.com.
Yes, Seniors can receive discounts on tuition (fees are not discounted) for Continuing Education courses as described below. Note that to request the senior discount, students must register by phone or in person:
Students born on or before December 31, 1948:
- can request and receive a 50 percent tuition discount on eligible courses when the student registers four calendar days or more prior to the start of the courses. See Eligible Courses below.
- can request and receive a 100 percent tuition discount on any Continuing Education course when the student registers three calendar days or less prior to the start of the courses.
Students born on or after January 1, 1949:
- can receive a 50 percent tuition discount on eligible courses when the courses start on or after the student's 65th birthday. See Eligible Courses below.
The tuition discounts for eligible courses described above apply only to courses that being with the following prefixes:
LEI: The Arts
LET: Pet Care
LFA: Theater/Performing Arts
LIO: Holistic Living
LLA: The Writing Studio
LPA: Sports Activities
LPF: Personal Finance
Reminder: To receive the senior discount, you must register by phone or in person. Fees and any tuition due must be paid at the time of registration. Senior tuition discounts do not apply to Lifelong Learning Institute or Aquacise courses, which are already discounted for seniors.
Textbooks, laboratory manuals and various supplies may be purchased at the Harper Bookstore on Main Campus in Building L or online at www.harperstore.com. Supply lists for courses may be found online at harpercollege.edu/ce under General Information. Check the class supply list at http://harpercollege.edu/ce/information/supply.php
No. See Harper holidays.