CE: Registration and Payment Information
We accept payment by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express) or electronic check. For your security, regardless of registration method, all payment is processed electronically and confirmed by email.For more information on to use MyHarper to register, pay, access your Harper email, and view your account and schedule online, view MyHarper: Your Account.
Third Party Payments
Students must supply written confirmation from a third party payer before registering. Confirmation may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Attn: CE Registration, First Floor
Wojcik Conference Center (Building W)
1200 W. Algonquin Road
Palatine, IL 60067
Continuing Education tuition and fees may be paid using e-Cashier, an online, interest-free payment plan. There is a $35 fee per session.
Illinois Veterans Grant
Illinois Veterans Grant (IVG) students must be approved for benefits prior to registering for Continuing Education classes. Students with IVG benefits must register either by telephone 847.925.6300 or in person at the Continuing Education Office, on the first floor of the Wojcik Conference Center at the main campus. Class fees must be paid at the time of registration and are not included in IVG benefits. To apply for or confirm IVG benefits, contact Harper's Veterans Specialist at 847-925-6000 x2195.
Harper Continuing Education DOES NOT accept Financial Aid acquired through the FAFSA, but does accept payment from alternative loan options for classes with tuition over $1000. You may contact us at 847.925.6000, ext.2161 to discuss financial options.
You may also wish to contact your own financial institution for alternative loan options. (The federal code for Harper College is 003961.)
Tuition and fees for Continuing Education courses are stated in individual course descriptions and are payable via credit card or e-check at the time of registration. In some cases, when applicable, a course description notes that tuition and fees include the cost of textbooks. Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice.
Continuing Education Senior Citizen Discount
Students born on or after January 1, 1949:
- are eligible for a 50 percent tuition discount starting on their 65th birthday.
- can register at any time to receive the discount as long as they are 65 years old at the time of registration.
- may apply the discount only to Personal and Cultural Enrichment Continuing Education courses*.
Students born December 31, 1948, and prior:
- are eligible for a 100 percent tuition discount on a
space-available basis determined by the number of seats open three calendar days prior to the first class meeting.
- must register three calendar days or less prior to the start of a course to receive the discount.
- may choose to register four calendar days or more prior to the start of a course to guarantee a seat. In this case, the student is eligible for a 50 percent tuition discount.
- may apply the discount to all Continuing Education courses
Reminder: All fees are due at the time of registration. Senior citizen discounts do not apply to Lifelong Learning Institute and Aquacise courses, which are already discounted for seniors.
*Personal and Cultural Enrichment courses begin with the following prefixes:
LAA - Paranormal
LLL - Languages
Lifelong Learning Institute
Some LLI courses are further discounted for LLI members. Learn more about our LLI membership.
Students may drop a class prior to the start date of the class. A drop can be completed:
- Online: Log on to MyHarper. Under My Registration, choose Add or Drop Classes
- By Phone:847.925.6300
- In Person: CE Office, Wojcik Conference Center (Building W), First Floor Reception
Withdraw from a Class
Students may withdraw from a class at any time on the Harper Student Portal.
- 100 percent refund before the start date of the class for all dropped courses.
- There are no refunds for withdrawals.
- Continuing Education makes the financial decision to run a class approximately three business prior to the class start date.
- If Continuing Education cancels a class for any reason, a full refund will be automatically granted to reflect the customer's original payment method.
A student with extenuating circumstances that may permit an exception to the Continuing Education refund policy may fill out an appeal form. Appeals can result in a letter of credit, a partial/full refund, or be denied.