Hello summer. Hello InZone!
InZone, Harper's enrichment and sports camp for ages 8 to 14, fills your summer with fun and learning. Kids can launch a rocket, dunk a basketball, learn to cook, or master math challenges, all while they make new friends and take advantage of all the benefits InZone offers:
- Six sessions, five days a week, from June 6 to August 12, for ages 8-14*
- Flexible scheduling from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., so you can register for a class, a session, or the whole summer!
- Nearly 200 courses in art, music, sports, science, technology and more
- Before/After Care and Lunch options, with all-day supervision
- 8:1 child/staff ratio in a safe environment with a professional nurse on duty
*Chicago Cubs Baseball Camp, High School Debate Camp and some swim classes are open to students younger and/or older than InZone's standard 8-14 age range. See catalog for details.
Late Arrivals! New InZone Classes for 2016
Create your own paintings on canvas using real artist paintings as our guide. Every
painting goes home with you and can be made into a t-shirt, flag, pillow, or framed
for the wall. You will be introduced to various artists; study a variety of styles
of painting; and learn how to create in those styles. The session ends with an art
show where you can invite friends and family to interact with the pieces you have
LKD 0195-001, CRN 80981
June 6-June 10, 1:10-4:10 p.m., Building C202
LKD 0195-002, CRN 80982
June 27-July 8, 9 a.m.-10:25 a.m., Building J160
You will create a series of sidewalk and public art paintings that are interactive
and allow the natural surroundings to become a part of the work. Paintings will begin
with the simple and progress to the complex while studying the uniqueness of sidewalk
art from all around the world. Learn about the power of art and how it interacts and
affects people. You will design your works using multiple materials and discuss your
sidewalk creations as part of an exhibit walk on campus. A larger group project will
be developed as well for all the artists to participate in cultivating and creating.
LKD 0196-002, CRN 80993
June 13-June 24, 2:45-4:10 p.m., Building Z206
LKD 0196-003, CRN 80994
June 27-July 8, 10:40 a.m.-12:05 p.m., Building X233
Take a look back in time as we get to know our ancestors and forward as we get an
introduction to the world of 3D printing to recreate bones that help us understand
where we came from. How long have humans been around and evolving? Did our ancestors
work together to fight off wildcats and birds of prey? Were Neanderthals grunting
cavemen or talkative artists? Are there real-life hobbits? Get the answers to these
questions as you dig in the dirt for fossils, make “stone” tools and learn how to
compare the bones of different animals. Then, we will put all of these methods to
the test as we excavate our own fossil site!
LKD 0198-001, CRN 80973
June 27-July 8, 10:40 a.m.-12:05 p.m., Building I225
Tuition: $175.00, Fees $14.00
LKD 0195-002, CRN 80974
July 11-July 22, 1:10-2:35 p.m., Building I225
Tuition: $185.00, Fees $14.00
Calling all trumpeters at the junior high school level to join in Trumpet Fun! You
will explore various areas of playing this beautiful instrument including breathing,
tone, and finger techniques. Work on an individual solo as well as group repertoire.
There will be a short recital at the end of the session. Open to ages 11-14.
LMU 0404-001, CRN 80958
June 27-July 8, 9-10:25 a.m., Building P105
Summer 2016 InZone Registration
- Previous InZone Campers (You'll enter your existing login info on the Harper Student Portal)
- First-time InZone Campers (Search for classes, create a harper account, and pay in full by credit card.)
BY PHONE: Call 847.925.6300
IN PERSON: Visit Continuing Education (Building W Lobby)
Phone and in-person registration hours are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (closed Saturdays, Sundays and college holidays)
Get the inside scoop from InZone parents and campers!
Attend a tour on campus or take a virtual tour.
- Why InZone? Everything a parent needs to know.
- Who likes InZone? What students like best about InZone.
- Attend a free InZone Orientation Tours on campus. Get details and reserve your spot now.
- InZone brings kids to Harper's neighborhood college campus to enjoy our unmatched resources and facilities, including art studios, theaters, a swimming pool and computer labs. See what it's all about, and meet some of our favorite campers on this Video Tour of InZone.
Teach for InZone
Are you passionate about teaching kids? We are looking to hire instructors for this summer, especially if you have a background in technology. Click CE Instructors and apply under InZone today or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.