Lifelong Learning Institute
LLI Preview Event held each August
Attention! - The Annual Lifelong Learning Fall Preview will be held Wednesday, August 2, from 9-noon. RSVP Here!
The Harper College Lifelong Learning Institute (LLI) provides high-quality educational opportunities to 55+ learners in ourcommunity through a self-sustaining program. LLI members enjoy great discussions, innovative classes and new friendships.
Register for LLI classes by calling 847.925.6300, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Closed Saturdays, Sundays and college holidays.
- Download the summer 2017 brochure.
- Download the fall 2017 brochure.
- Request a brochure in the mail.
- RSVP for the "All About Eclipses and How to See the Big One This August" lecture Monday, 7/17, 1 p.m., at Friendship Village.
Prefer to Register Online?
Click HERE to search and register for our May - August courses.
Click HERE to search and register for our August - December courses.
Not ready yet? Read more...
Here's what LLI members are saying...
I've enjoyed making time for Harper's Lifelong Learning Institute for several years now. As all retirees know, our days are filled with lots to do, and Harper gives us the added advantage of new ideas, programs, lectures and an opportunity to meet like-minded people. I consider the membership fee that the Institute charges one of the best investments I've made.
I have enjoyed the LLI so much. It is providing for me the classes
I didn't get to take when I was younger and of course, there is no testing!
Harper's Lifelong Learning program has been a great place to learn more about the things I am interested in, to broaden my horizons, and to make new friends. I have really enjoyed the variety of courses. Now, if we only had a course about how to make more time in one's day!
LLI Membership says you love learning for a lifetime and are able to help support the program, although membership is optional. The $50 annual membership fee for the 2016-17 year is used exclusively to cover program development costs and provides these benefits:
- Time-tested programming addressing the interests of our membership.
- Advance mailings of the LLI brochure three times a year to help you get ready for courses scheduled for the next term.
- E-mail newsletters throughout the year to help stay current with news and information of interest to LLI members.
- Fifty percent discounts on selected courses.
- Exclusive members-only courses, where seats are limited.
Call the Harper College Continuing Education registration team at 847.925.6300 for more information and to purchase a membership
How to Register for Classes
Review the classes currently available in our brochure or here on our website. Make a note of the Course Title and Course Registration Number (CRN) for the classes you want. Then, register online, by phone, or in person.
- Online: Browse the LLI brochure. Then, use this link....
- By phone: 847.925.6300. Mon-Fri, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- In person: Harper College, Bldg. W, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m..-.4:30 p.m.
Phone and walk-in registration facilities are closed weekends and college holidays.
Course information is subject to change. Find the latest details on course availabilty, dates, times, etc. at 847.925.6300 or in our online registration system.
Meet some of our LLI instructors
Frequently Asked Questions
Become an LLI Member by phone or in person.
Call: 847.925.6300, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Closed Saturday, Sunday, and college holidays.
Visit: Harper College Continuing Education Registration, in the lobby of the Wojcik Conference Center (Building W), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Closed Saturday, Sunday, and college holidays.
See our Visit Harper College page for maps, directions and links to our extension sites.
Get Maps and Directions to Harper College.