Community Music Center Tuition Assistance Overview
The CMC offers a tuition assistance program to students, both new and returning, to help them meet their goals. All applicants must complete the application form below, and have their current music instructor complete the evaluation.
Students enrolled in the first through twelfth grades are eligible to apply for tuition assistance for Private Lessons or Preparatory Piano. Students may apply for assistance for the Fall or Spring 16-week lesson terms. Student must be enrolled at least one week prior to the start of the semester.
Assistance will be awarded on the basis of the following:
- Financial need as demonstrated by family size, income, extenuating circumstances
- Written evaluation by the student's music teacher (returning students only)
- Written recommendation from a teacher, preferably a music teacher (new students only)
- Availability of assistance funds
The following items must be completed and submitted to the Community Music Center office by the posted deadlines (see below) to be considered for assistance:
- Application (to be completed by student): When completing the application form, be sure that you include all requested information. A written statement summarizing your income is not sufficient.
- Copy of most recent tax return form . Please include Schedule C if you are self-employed. If you receive Welfare, Social Security, or other recurring government payments, provide a copy of your notice of benefits or a payment check stub as well. Please fax everything to 847.925.6582 or mail a copy to Issa Boulos at the address below.
- Instructor Recommendation/Student Evaluation (to be completed by applicant's current or previous instructor): Both returning and new students must have the evaluation or recommendation of their previous instructor or current CMC teacher.
- Fall Term: July 31
- Spring Term: December 22
- Students will be notified of their award status within 2-3 weeks of the application deadline. All students receiving an award must respond within one week of receiving notification of their award. Failure to respond renders the award null and void.
- Awards presented in August will be calculated on the total tuition for the fall and spring terms, the total award being divided between the two terms. Awards presented in January will be for the spring term only.
- Most assistance is partial and is awarded in the form of tuition reduction.
If you have further questions, please contact the Community Music Center.
Harper College Continuing Education
Community Music Center Coordinator
Building C, Room C216
Palatine, IL 60067
Phone: 847.925.6659 | fax: 847.925.6582