Learn at your convenience
Harper Continuing Education offers many online courses to make learning more conveneient for busy people. If you have an email address and reliable internet access, you're ready to get started learning online.
We partner with LERN, the Learning Resource Center, to provide online courses and certificates in high-demand fields such as business management, data analysis, digital marketing, social media, law office management, professional sales, customer service, healthcare, and even in how to develop and deliver online and blended instruction yourself!
Get Started Today
Browse our online certificates and courses at LERN.org:
Register for the courses you want here on the Harper website:
See What Our Students Are Saying About Online Courses
When I first signed up for the Data Analysis certificate, I was concerned I would be able to keep up with the class, as I had not taken statistics courses in college. But most of the other students were like me, we had some financial experience, but that was it. Our instructors for all three sections were incredibly patient, and readily offered advice. I had a wonderful experience with this program. My only regret is that it didn’t last long enough! I have recommended this program to several of my peers and have looked into more expanded credit courses in statistics and analytics! Nancy
Taking the online course in digital marketing was a great experience made even better by the chance to interact with students from across the USA. The assignments felt manageable and were designed to help me apply what I was learning directly to my own organization and projects. Mike
Harper College online courses fit my schedule well. I work and have young kids that are on the go. The online learning system is intuitive and the teachers are helpful, patient, and encouraging. I recommend taking LERN Classes through Harper College Continuing Education! Sarah
I earned the online Customer Service Certificate. The course has really helped in achieving my department’s goal to provide excellent, consistent customer service and increase our customer satisfaction and retention. Shirley
I took two Harper CE online courses, Dementia for Family Caregivers and the Supervisory and Leadership Certificate program. Both gave me valuable information I was able to incorporate into my personal and professional life. They were taught by knowledgeable instructors with excellent communication and presentation skills, and they did an excellent job in getting the information across in an online class format. The assignments were relevant to applying the more theoretical information, and I felt the time required to complete the courses was well worth the commitment. I recommend Harper CE online courses to other students. Ann
These online certificate programs are earned when you take two or more related classes. Note that not all required classes may be offered in the same term.
- ACCOUNTING/FINANCE FOR NON-FINANCIAL MANAGERS, LRN 5013
- BLENDED INSTRUCTION, LRN 6700
- CUSTOMER SERVICE, LRN 6400
- DATA ANALYSIS, LRN 6500
- DIGITAL MARKETING, LRN 5700
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP FINANCE, LRN 5113
- GOOGLE TOOLS, LRN 6902
- MANAGEMENT, LRN 6600
- MANAGING SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS, LRN 6100
- MOBILE MARKETING, LRN 5899
- ONLINE TEACHING, LRN 6800
- PRESENTATION MEDIA, LRN 7000
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT, LRN 7100
- SOCIAL MEDIA FOR BUSINESS, LRN 6200
- SUPERVISION AND LEADERSHIP, LRN 5600
- TEACHING ADULTS, LRN 5016
- VIDEO MARKETING, LRN 5900
- WORKPLACE COMMUNICATION, LRN 5200
Accounting and Finance
- Accounting and Finance for Non-Financial Managers, LRN 5013
- Cash is King, LRN 5114
- Funding Your Business, LRN 5115
Business and Management
- Introduction to Data Analysis, LRN 6501
- Intermediate Data Analysis, LRN 6502
- Advanced Data Analysis, LRN 6503
Training and Education
- Advanced Teaching Online, LRN 6703
- Developing Hybrid Courses, LRN 6702
Training for K12 Teachers
- Gender in the Classroom, LRN5116
- Using Cell Phones in the K-12 Classroom, LRN 5029
Register for 100% online courses here, by phone, or in person. Call 847.925.6300 or visit Registration in the Wojcik Conference Center, Building W, Harper College main campus during regular business hours, 8 a.m.-4:40 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Online courses may last a few weeks or several months. See specific details for each course.
- Assessments, quizzes, completion projects and final exams vary with each course.
- Instructor interactions and feedback are generally conducted via email.
- Self-study courses engage students together in interactive learning activities. Participation in online discussions in important.
All online courses are instructor-led workshops taught online using a variety of delivery platforms. You will always have a means of communicating with your instructor through email, chat rooms, forums or message boards. Assignments are structured to be outcome-based. This means that every assignment will lead to an expected outcomes to advance your knowledge and expertise. Satisfactory test results on quizzes and completed projects are required of all students.