Learn when and where it's most convenient for you.
Go forward at your own pace, on your own time. If you have: an email address, a web browser and reliable internet access, you're ready to get started: register now.
Online Classes for Busy Adults
Harper College, along with LERN (Learning Resources Network) offers a variety of online courses for busy adults, including:
- eMarketing Essentials CE Certificate, LRN5700
- Guide to Nonprofit Management CE Certificates, LVM0044
- Mobile Marketing CE Certificate, LRN5899
- Supervisory and Leadership CE Certificate, LRN5600
- Boosting Your Website Traffic, LRN5702
- Creating Cell Phone Apps for Your Business, LRN5800
- Google Analytics, LRN6000
- Improving Email Promotions, LRN5701
- Mobile Marketing, LRN5801
- Advanced Mobile Marketing, LRN5802
- Online Advertising, LRN5703
- Real Estate Pre and Post Broker, LRE8170, LRE8172
Online Courses: The Basics
You may register for courses online, in person at the Wojcik Conference Center lobby, or by calling 847.925.6300.
- Online courses may last 5-6 weeks, 90 days, 3-12 months (see course description)
- Assessment-quizzes, completion projects and final exams vary with the course
- Instructor-led interaction/feedback via email/web/learning management
- Self-study courses engage students in interactive learning activities and projects
- End of course evaluations Industry Certification (check course descriptions)
- Certificates of Completion (optional)
We offer Instructor-led workshop courses that range anywhere between one and six weeks (on average). These are led by faculty and industry practitioners and are taught online using a variety of delivery platforms. You will always have a means of communicating with your instructor (depending on the class and instructor) through email, chat rooms, forums and message boards. Assignments are all structured to be outcome based. This means that every assignment and associated activity will lead to some expected outcomes that will advance your knowledge and expertise. Satisfactory test results on quizzes and completed projects are required of all students.
You can control the pace at which you learn any given subject that is listed as being self-study. These courses range between 1 and 6 weeks (on average). Self-study courses are usually listed in our catalog as being Lite. In some cases, students may have limited contact with an instructor. We offer some of our self-directed courses in ebook, CD, and streaming audio and video formats. Self-assessment, projects and other measures are used by the student to determine how they are progressing and learning the material. Self-study courses are outcome based, meaning that every assignment and associated activity will lead to some expected outcomes that will advance your knowledge and expertise.
Most courses can be completed entirely at home, from registration to course work to exams. However, some courses may require that you take attend an introductory session, a final exam, or a small amount of course work at Harper. Details on any course work on campus will be provided when you register.