How to Choose Classes and Register
How to Choose Classes
Search for courses here on the CE website or in the the print or digital version of the CE Course Schedule. Note the Course Title and five-digit CRN for each course you want.
- Download the digital Fall Catalog here. pdf
Register for Fall 2015 Courses
Classes begin the week of August 24. Courses may meet for only one session or run for up to 16 weeks. They start any time throughout the term, even into December. You can register for a class right up until it begins. But register early and help meet the class minimum. Classes not meeting minimums are canceled.
- Register Online here.
Search using the five-digit Course Registration Number (CRN) or key words from the course title.
- Register by Phone
Call 847.925.6300, Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Phone registration not available Saturdays, Sundays, or college holidays.
- Register In Person
Visit the Continuing Education Registration Desk, Wojcik Conference Center (Building W), Main campus, Palatine, Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. In-person registration not available Saturdays, Sundays, or college holidays.
Payment Is Due At Registration
Payment options include:
- Credit Card: Pay by Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. For your security, regardless of registration method, all payment is processed electronically and confirmed by email.
- Check: Your check will be processed electronically and an email verification sent to your Harper email address.
- Third Party Payments: Students must supply written confirmation from a third party payer before registering. Call 847.925.6300, email firstname.lastname@example.org or send to: Harper College, Attn: CE Registration, First Floor, Wojcik Conference Center (Building W), 1200 W. Algonquin Rd., Palatine, IL 60067
- Payment Plan: Continuing Education tuition and fees may be paid using e-Cashier, an online, interest-free payment plan on the MyHarper Student Portal There is a $35 administrative fee per session.
- Illinois Veterans Grant: Illinois Veterans Grant (IVG) students must be approved for benefits prior to registering for Continuing Education classes. Students with IVG benefits must register either by telephone 847.925.6300 or in person at the Continuing Education Office, on the first floor of the Wojcik Conference Center at the main campus. Class fees must be paid at the time of registration and are not included in IVG benefits. To apply for or confirm IVG benefits, contact Harper’s Veterans Specialist at 847.925.6000, ext. 2195.
- Alternative Lenders: Harper Continuing Education DOES NOT accept Financial Aid acquired through the FAFSA, but does accept payment from alternative loan options for classes with tuition over $1,000. Please contact us at 847.925.6000, ext. 2161 to discuss financial options. You may also wish to contact your own financial institution for alternative loan options. The federal code for Harper College is 003961.
- Unemployment Training Funds: Harper College CE partners with the Illinois Department of Employment Services to offer job-seekers access to a broad range of employment, training, education and economic development services through any workNet location. Find out if you qualify through your local unemployment office.