Continuing Education Registration and Payment
Use this procedure if you are new to Harper Continuing Education.
The online registration system requires full payment by credit card when you register.
Get ready to register online by gathering the information you'll need:
- Using our catalog, identify the courses you want to take. If you do not have a copy of our print catalog, view or download a PDF file copy here.
- For each course, identify the Course Title and Course Registration Number (CRN), a 5-digit number.
When you're ready, follow these steps:
- Click the Register Online button below to visit the online registration home page. You will be able to search and select spring or fall classes from there.
- Search for courses by CRN or key word, such as a word in the Course Title. You can also search for a group of courses by entering topic words such as "computers" or "music."
- The course(s) you have searched will display in the Schedule Builder screen only if the start date for the class is still in the future. If the course has already started, it is no longer available and will not display.
- Follow the directions and prompts in the Schedule Builder to register and pay.
- To register online, you must pay the entire tuition and fees amount by credit card.
Use these instructions if you have taken Harper CE courses before.
- Use your MyHarper Portal to search for courses, register and pay.
- First time using the MyHarper portal? Apply now. It's free.
Register by phone or in person during business hours.
- Phone: 847.925.6300.
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed. Please leave a message.
- In Person: Continuing Education Registration Desk located in the Wojcik Conference Center (Building W).
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed.
Payment is due at the time you register. Ask the registration assistant about payment options.
General Payment and Registration Information
Use the MyHarper Student Portal to pay using electronic checks or waivers. Payment is due at time of registration. For your security, regardless of registration method, all payment is processed electronically and confirmed by email.
Returning students: no application is necessary.
Log on to MyHarper. On the My Harper tab, choose Add or Drop Classes from the My Registration box. After registering, choose My Payments and Pay in Full/QuikPay to pay.
Third Party Payments
Students must supply written confirmation from a third party payer before registering. Call 847.925.6300 for assistance. Confirmation may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Attn: CE Registration, First Floor
Wojcik Conference Center (Building W)
1200 W. Algonquin Road
Palatine, IL 60067
Continuing Education tuition and fees may be paid using e-Cashier, an online, interest-free payment plan. There is a $35 fee per session.
Illinois Veterans Grant
Illinois Veterans Grant (IVG) students must be approved for benefits prior to registering for Continuing Education classes. Students with IVG benefits must register either by telephone 847.925.6300 or in person at the Continuing Education Office, on the first floor of the Wojcik Conference Center at the main campus. Class fees must be paid at the time of registration and are not included in IVG benefits. To apply for or confirm IVG benefits, contact Harper's Veterans Specialist at 847-925-6000 x2195.
Harper Continuing Education DOES NOT accept Financial Aid acquired through the FAFSA, but does accept payment from alternative loan options for classes with tuition over $1,000. Contact us at 847.925.6000, ext.2161 to discuss financial options.
You may also wish to contact your own financial institution for alternative loan options. (The federal code for Harper College is 003961.)
Tuition and fees for Continuing Education courses are stated in individual course descriptions and are payable via credit card at the time of registration. In some cases, when applicable, a course description notes that tuition and fees include the cost of textbooks. Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice.
We understand that schedules change and unexpected events can occur. Harper CE follows these guidelines for all cancellations and changes.
Continuing Education Senior Citizen Discount
Students born on or after January 1, 1949:
- are eligible for a 50 percent tuition discount starting on their 65th birthday.
- can register at any time to receive the discount as long as they are 65 years old at the time of registration.
- may apply the discount only to Personal and Cultural Enrichment Continuing Education courses*.
In-district students born December 31, 1948, and prior:
- may choose to register four calendar days or more prior to the start of a course to guarantee a seat. In this case, the student is eligible for a 50 percent tuition discount only to Personal and Cultural Enrichment Continuing Education courses.*
- may choose to register three calendar days or less prior to the start of a course to receive a 100 percent tuition discount on a space-available basis determined by the number of seats open, for all Continuing Education courses.
Reminder: All fees are due at the time of registration. Senior citizen discounts do not apply to Lifelong Learning Institute and Aquacise courses, which are already discounted for seniors.
*Personal and Cultural Enrichment courses begin with the following prefixes:
LAA - Paranormal
LEI - The Arts
LET - Pet Care
LFA - Theater/Performing Arts
LFS - Culinary
LHF - DIY
LIO - Holistic Living
LLA - The Writing Studio
LLG - Gardening
LLL - Languages
LMU - Music
LPA - Sports Activities
LPD - Dance
LPE - Fitness/Recreation
LPF - Personal Finance
LPL - Science
LPP - Aquatics
LPS - Sports
Lifelong Learning Institute Some LLI courses are further discounted for LLI members. Learn more about our LLI membership.