Building D: Addition and Renovation, February 2013 - December 2014
The addition and renovation work on Building D, as outlined in the Master Plan, has begun.
- Lake Drive is accessible and ADA parking spaces are available on the north side of Building D.
- Site work has started in earnest and will be very noisy at times. This stage of the construction project involves removing sidewalks, digging up and installing sewers and other activities.
- Trucks will be entering campus from the Construction Access Road and accessing Parking Lot 7. Please slow down and be alert – we are not accustomed to seeing vehicles entering from this direction.
The east end of Building D is fenced off and 4 exit doors are closed. See Map PDF.
Please be safe: Do not walk on the ring road (Kris Howard Blvd) to get from Lot 7 to Building D. Use the detour through Building I or park in Lot 8 and use the sidewalk by the Observatory.
Watch for trucks entering from the Construction Access Road at the intersection of the Inner Ring Road and Kris Howard Blvd.
- Building D will remain open during construction.
- Select entrances, sidewalks and grounds around Building D are now closed.
- To reach Building D from the Quad, use the doors on the west half of the building.
- To reach Building D from Parking Lots 6 & 7, enter campus at Building I.
Scope: Construct the structural components for the two-story plus basement addition to the east end of Building D.
- Install additional exits on north side of existing Building D. See Map PDF.
- Close select exits on south side of D Building. See Map PDF.
- Close the sidewalk between Lot 7 and the Quad. See Map PDF.
- Install safety fence around the Phase 1 construction site. See Map PDF.
- Demolish east exit halls D199a and D299d.
- Perform earthwork for new building pad and excavations for basement areas.
- Install concrete foundations and structural steel framework.
- Extend utilities to serve the building addition.
- Building envelope, interior work, and site improvements will follow in the next phase.
Access to campus from Lots 6 & 7 will be rerouted through Building I. Follow signage.
See Map PDF of construction zone.