Emergency Response Plan
Harper College makes every attempt to keep the College open and operating during periods of heavy snow, ice or other severe weather; however, for safety reasons, it may be necessary to cancel classes or close the campus entirely because of dangerous weather conditions. Harper College will make every effort to resume classes as quickly as possible after a major snow or ice storm, however, safety will always be our first priority.
In the event of morning, afternoon, and/or evening class cancellations students and faculty are not required to come to campus for that time period. Harper employees should report to work because classes could resume later that day.
Class cancellation or campus closing information will be available by:
- 6 a.m. for morning classes
- 10 a.m. for afternoon classes
- 3 p.m. for evening classes
In the event the campus closes, all Harper College classes are canceled. Students, faculty and employees are not required to come to campus. Physical Plant and Public Safety employees and other essential personnel should report to work.
- Pre-recorded message on Harper College's general phone number: 847.925.6000
- WBBM-AM 780 and WGN-AM 720
- TV stations: 2, 5, 7, 9 and 32
- Harper College's cable TV channels and the marquee on Algonquin Road