Choice Scholars Summer Institute
Building a formula for student success.
It’s time to be a scholar.
The Choice Scholars Summer Institute is a FREE four-week program that gives new Harper students an opportunity to engage in a learning project focused on global matters while helping improve skills in Reading, Writing and Math. Students who increase their skill level in these areas are more likely to bypass developmental coursework and start college-level courses in the fall, saving both time and money.During the four-week program:
- Be a part of a team conducting research in Chemistry, Graphic Design, Health or Early Childhood Education.
- Brush up on math, reading and writing skills.
- Learn about your strengths and how to use them.
- Be mentored by an interdisciplinary team of faculty.
- Take a test to help determine readiness for College.
The Summer Institute will provide the following:
- Books, school supplies, and other materials at no cost.
- Daily meals and access to our learning labs and research spaces.
- An interactive, highly engaging learning experience taught by our college faculty.
- Hands-on experience working with industry grade technology.
- Tuition assistance for each student who successfully completes the program.
We are looking for motivated students with Compass or ACT Scores in the following ranges:
- Math (Algebra) 48-52
- Reading 72-76
- Writing 60-64
- Math 20-22
- Reading 17-19
- English 16-18
Please check back in Spring 2013 for information and to apply for the Summer 2013 session.