Distinguished Scholar Award
The Harper College Distinguished Scholar Award is a merit-based scholarship given to 50 incoming high school students graduating from high schools within the Community College District #512, including High School Districts 211, 214, 220 and private schools accredited by the North Central Accreditation Agency within these districts.
Eligibility and Requirements
The Distinguished Scholar Award is eligible for incoming high school graduates to apply who have earned a minimum 27 composite ACT score and minimum individual test scores of 23 in math, 20 in reading and 19 in English OR have a minimum 3.5/4.0 or 4.5/5.0 high school GPA with the minimum individual test scores of 23 in math, 20 in reading and 19 in English.
Recipients must comply with the following criteria to maintain their scholarship. Failure to meet any of the criteria will result in a loss of the scholarship.
- Must complete 30 credit hours within the academic year and the allotted 60 credit hours within two years.
- Must be enrolled full time (12 credit hours or more).
- Must successfully complete a minimum of 12 credit hours for the fall semester and 12 credit hours for the spring semester.
- Maximum award total is 60 credits inclusive of withdrawals.
- Must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Eligibility is effective the Fall semester following the student’s high school graduation.
Recipients of the scholarship are responsible for the on-going monitoring of their academic progress.
Scholarship recipients are also required to participate in an ongoing enrichment program of cultural, social, leadership and educational activities at Harper.
Students must meet the above stated criteria to be considered. Final eligibility is contingent upon review and approval by the Harper Office of Student Financial Assistance.
Applicant Must Submit
- Harper College admission application
- Official sixth semester high school transcript
- ACT score report
- Submit the Distinguished Scholar Award form located at the end of this page.
No longer accepting applications.
Students who are selected to receive the Distinguished Scholar Award will receive 60 credit hours of in-district tuition. For more information on the Distinguished Scholar Award, please contact the Harper College Admissions Office at 847.925.6700.