For Entering Freshman Students
Harper College offers 15 Trustee Scholarships of 30 credit hours to students graduating from high schools within Community College District 512, which includes High School Districts 211, 214, 220 and private schools accredited by the North Central Accreditation Agency within these districts.
- Must be an incoming Harper freshman and 2015 graduate from an in-district high school
- Must complete a Harper application for admission
- Must provide a letter of recommendation from a principal, counselor or teacher at their high school
- Must submit an essay when applying: "Explain the impact high school has had on you and what you think college will be like."
- Must maintain a cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher
- Must be enrolled full time (12 credit hours or more except summer)
Students must meet the above stated criteria to be considered. Final eligibility is contingent upon review and approval by the Scholarship Committee.
Applicant Must Submit
- Complete the Trustee Scholarship application online
- Complete the Harper College Admissions Application
- Submit sixth semester high school transcripts to Harper College Admissions Processing
- Submit ACT scores to Harper College Admissions Processing
- Submit a letter of recommendation to Harper College Office of Student Financial Assistance
March 2, 2015. All materials must be received by Harper College by the deadline date for award consideration.
Students who are selected to receive the Trustee Scholarship will receive 30 credit hours of in-district tuition. Only one scholarship is awarded per Community College District 512 high school.
For more information on the Trustee Scholarship, please contact the Harper College Admissions Office at 847.925.6700.