For Entering Freshman Students
Harper College offers 15 Trustee Scholarships to students graduating from high schools within Community College District 512, including High School Districts 211, 214, 220 and private schools accredited by the North Central Accreditation Agency within these districts.
- Must be an incoming Harper freshman and 2014 graduate from an in-district high school
- Must complete a Harper application for admission
- Must provide a letter of recommendation from a principal, counselor or teacher at their school
- Must submit an essay when applying: "Explain the impact high school has had on you and what you think college will be like."
- Must maintain a cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher
- Must be enrolled full time (12 credit hours or more except summer)
Students must meet the above stated criteria to be considered. Final eligibility is contingent upon review and approval by the Harper Office of Student Financial Assistance.
Applicant Must Submit
To be considered for this scholarship, the applicant should apply to Harper College, complete the scholarship application below and mail the following three documents to the Office of Student Financial Assistance:
- Official sixth semester high school transcript
- ACT score report
- Letter of nomination from a high school principal, counselor or teacher at his/her school
No longer accepting applications for the 2014-2015 academic year.
Students who are selected to receive the Trustee Scholarship will receive 30 credit hours of in-district tuition. Only one scholarship is awarded per Community College District 512 high school.