Athletic Counselor and Advisement Center
Empowering Harper College student athletes to reach their academic, career and athletic goals.
The Athletic Counselor and Advisement Center provides services to Harper College Athletes. As a student athlete you will participate in the Steps for Success Program.
Steps for Success Goals
- Present a comprehensive athletic experience to the student athlete and his family which not only showcases Harper Athletics but how the student athlete can be successful at Harper College
- Retains student athletes semester to semester and provides support for successful transfer and graduation
- Provide recruiting assistance by meeting with prospects and families prior to enrollment at the college
- Implement a mandated team study hall
- Meet with each team as a group to articulate study hall, eligibility, educational planning and athletic monitoring expectations
- Correspond with faculty about student classroom progress
- Provide feedback to coaches about academic progress
- Provide information to students about eligibility
- Provide career counseling and academic advising and counseling
- Confer with students about graduation and transfer goals, including NCAA qualification requirements
- Provide Individual counseling or referrals regarding personal issues
Problem Solving for Academic Success
Successful college athletes are good problem solvers on the field of play. Successful college students are good problem solvers in the classroom. Strengthen your college problem solving skills by learning and practicing a 6 step problem solving model. View Problem Solving for Academic Success Workshop.
- Learn how a “playbook” for problem solving can make a difference.
- Develop a structured process to help you focus and stay on track to solve classroom problems.
- Practice 6 steps by examining current or past classroom problems.
- Counselor assistance is available for this workshop.