Center for Multicultural Learning
The Center was created with the intent of increasing minority student enrollment at Harper College and the number of students actively pursuing transfer from Harper College to four-year colleges and universities, by using a variety of recruitment and retention programs.
In addition, the Center strives to increase the number of students who enroll in Bachelor degree programs. The Center supports students throughout their academic journey at Harper College and assists their transition into four year colleges and universities.
- One-on-one advising sessions with a counselor or transfer specialist to find out how to successfully transfer to another college or university
- Field trips from Harper College to four year colleges and universities within Illinois
- Assistance with choosing courses used toward completion of a transfer-oriented associates degree
- Provide information about colleges and universities that grant bachelor degrees
- Assistance with locating scholarships and other financial assistance opportunities
R.E.A.C.H. Summer Bridge Program
Make a smooth transition from high school to college by attending R.E.A.C.H. (Retention Efforts for Academic Completion at Harper), a free, two-week summer program that gives new Harper students a head start on their freshman year. Learn more about R.E.A.C.H. Summer Bridge Program.