Center for Multicultural Learning
The Center was created with the intent of increasing minority student enrollment at
Harper College and the number of students actively pursuing transfer from Harper College
to four-year colleges and universities, by using a variety of recruitment and retention
In addition, the Center strives to increase the number of students who enroll in Bachelor degree programs. The Center supports students throughout their academic journey at Harper College and assists their transition into four year colleges and universities.
- One-on-one advising sessions with a counselor or transfer specialist to find out how to successfully transfer to another college or university
- Field trips from Harper College to four year colleges and universities within Illinois
- Assistance with choosing courses used toward completion of a transfer-oriented associates degree
- Provide information about colleges and universities that grant bachelor degrees
- Assistance with locating scholarships and other financial assistance opportunities
Summer Scholars Program
Make a smooth transition from high school to college by attending the Summer Scholars Program. This free, four week summer program, gives new Harper students a head start on their freshman year of college. The Summer Scholars program helps students fine tune reading, writing, and math skills, while building connections with faculty and staff. Participation in this program greatly contributes to successful experiences at Harper College. Learn more about the Summer Scholars Program.