Current International Students (F-1)
The International Student Office (ISO) is at Harper College for you, the international students.
- When situations arise and you are not sure how to handle them in a different country, make an appointment with the International Student Coordinator to discuss it.
- If you are experiencing loneliness or missing your home country and family, make an appointment to see the International Student Coordinator.
- If something exciting is going on in your life and you want to share it with someone, come by the office or give us a call.
- If you have a quick question, send us an email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Harper College is proud to have you study here and the ISO staff are available to support you as you pursue your educational goals. Please take a moment to download and read the International Student Handbook.
In addition to the many useful links below, be sure to always check your email from the International Student Coordinator.
Links for Current International Students
- Orientation -- New to Campus
- Maintaining Lawful Status
- Change of Major
Students who wish to change their major must make an appointment with the International Student Coordinator to discuss the change and update important paperwork. See the list of available majors at Harper College.
- Employment, IRS
- Transfer to Another U.S. College or University
Harper College has a lot of information about transferring to another U.S. school on its website. Harper also has a Transfer Information Specialist advisor in the Advising Center in Building I. You can review the transfer information on the website and/or make an appointment with the advisor by calling 847.925.6393.
You must also schedule an appointment with the International Student Coordinator to plan for your transfer. You must follow specific procedures to maintain your legal, F-1 status.
- Change of Address
U.S. Immigration regulations require that you report your address to the International Student Coordinator within ten days of moving. Your address must always be current with the International Student Office.
- USCIS Forms
- Check Status
- Illinois 1040
- Directions to Harper
- Harper Calendar of Events
- International Student Health Insurance
- Student Services
- Resources and Links