International students are required to submit the following to the International Student Office at least eight weeks prior to the beginning of the semester in which they intend to begin their studies:
|Semester||Begins||Deadline to Submit Application|
Please see this brochure which explains the entire international student application process.
You must print out or save the forms to your computer and submit all completed forms by email to email@example.com
All International Student Applicants (F-1 Visa Status) must complete the following items to be considered for admission:
- An one-time, application fee of $25 (a NON-REFUNDABLE APPLICATION FEE) will be charged. You can pay by check or money order (U.S. funds) made payable to Harper College.
- You must apply online. Create a login name and a password to start your online application.
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ADMINISTRATIVE FEE
Harper College charges a one-time $150 NON-REFUNDABLE ADMINISTRATIVE FEE (U.S. FUNDS) check or money order made payable to Harper College. This fee may be paid by check, money order (U.S. funds), or online when you receive the application acknowledgement letter from Harper College. This letter will contain your Harper College Student ID number (H0_ _ _ _ _ _ _). With this number you can pay this $150 processing fee at this payment link.
2. SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION FORM (← click on form name)
This two-page form must be completed and submitted with your Harper College application form.
You must attach a bank certification or letter verifying that you and/or your sponsor has at least U.S. $23,000 to provide for your first year of tuition, fees, and living expenses (Must be dated within the last six months). An applicant can have more than one sponsor. (US State Department requires sponsors to show verification of assets to cover tuition, fees, and living expenses. The estimated expenses are $23,000 per year for a single student and an additional $3,000 per each dependent). These estimated expenses are based on school attendance for two semesters. Summer semester is optional.
|College Degree Program||Fall Semester||Spring Semester|
|Credit Hours Required||12||12|
* $765.79 includes health insurance coverage for spring and summer months.
|Intensive English Program||Fall Semester||Spring Semester|
|Credit Hours Required||15||15|
You must include proof of your completion of high school (secondary education) with your application. Your diploma or certificate of general education SHOULD BE TRANSLATED INTO ENGLISH.
Recent passport-size photograph of yourself.
5. COPY OF PASSPORT IDENTIFICATION PAGE (and printed Form I-94 , if you are already in the U.S.)
We require a copy of your passport, specifically the page with your photograph and identifying information. If you are currently residing in the U.S., we need a copy of your U.S. visa stamp and your printed Form I-94 record from www.cbp.gov/i94. Choose the "Get I-94 Number Now" link from the right side of the web page.
6. DEPENDENT, F-2 INFORMATION SHEET (if applicable)
You will need to provide the citizenship, country of birth, date of birth, and gender information for all dependents (spouse and/or children) and provide a copy of each family member's passport, visa and I-94 card (if appropriate).
7. ENGLISH PROFICIENCY
All international applicants must submit proof of English proficiency by submitting the results of the TOEFL iBT, or the IELTS:
- Applicants with a TOEFL iBT score of 79 or higher or an IELTS score of 6.5 or higher are eligible to take the college-level placement tests upon arrival at Harper College.
- Applicants with a TOEFL iBT score between 28 and 78 or an IELTS score between 3.5 and 6.0 are eligible to take the ESL placement tests upon arrival at Harper College.
- Applicants with a TOEFL iBT score below 28 or an IELTS score below 3.5 or no test scores are not eligible for admission as an F1 student to Harper College.
In the following circumstances and with appropriate documentation, applicants may qualify for admission to Harper College without submitting test results:
- Applicants who have graduated from a U.S. high school.
- Applicants who have successfully completed English 101 or its equivalent at an accredited U.S. college or university.
- Applicants who have earned a bachelor's or master's degree from an accredited U.S. college or university.
PLEASE NOTE: Once admitted to Harper College, you will take placement tests upon arrival at the college. These tests are given to determine the appropriate course level placement. If your placement test scores are too low, you may not be able to take classes at Harper College.
8. TRANSFER-IN STUDENTS (Already in the U.S. with F1 Status)
Provide the following items:
- a transcript from your current school
- a printed copy of your Form I-94 record from www.cbp.gov/i94
- copy of your current Form I-20
No transfer eligibility form is required for Harper College.
Important Notice to All Prospective International Students
Mandatory health insurance is required for all Harper College international students. Estimated annual fee is about $1,200.00; coverage for injuries and illnesses are a maximum of $250,000. Please request a brochure describing Harper College's health insurance for international students. DO NOT BUY A POLICY PRIOR TO YOUR ARRIVAL AT HARPER COLLEGE OR YOU WILL PAY FOR TWO POLICIES.