Learning and Career Center in Prospect Heights
Jump start your career. These are short programs that give you hands-on experience. Classes are offered during the day and evening. Scholarships and other financial aid options are available. Students have free use of computers, library, WiFi and more.
All classes are held at the Learning and Career Center. Easy access from Prospect Heights, Wheeling and surrounding areas.
Choose from four credit certificates:
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Early Childhood Education Assistant Teacher
- Private Security
Learn basic care skills for patient well-being in healthcare facilities.
- Earn $11.73 hourly average*
- View CNA program .PDF
- Schedule Options:
- September-December 2016; Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8 a.m.– Noon, plus a mandatory, 40-hour supervised, clinical experience (Fridays) OR
- September-December 2016; Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5–9 p.m., plus a mandatory, 40-hour, supervised clinical experience (weekend)
Build skills in basic early childhood care and education. Qualify for assistant teacher roles in licensed child care facilities.
- Earn $12.93 Illinois hourly average*
- View Assistant Teacher program .PDF
- August 2016 to May 2017, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30–9:10 p.m.
Learn skills and techniques involved in the collection of blood from patients or donors for diagnostic testing.
- Earn $14.29 hourly average*
- View Phlebotomy program .PDF
- August to December 2016, Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:30–7:45 p.m.; January to March 2017, Tuesdays from 4–5:30 p.m.; plus a 3-week, full-time clinical internship
Learn core skills used in law enforcement programs for entry-level jobs in the security industry.
- Earn $14.47 hourly average*
- View Private Security program .PDF
- August 2016 to August 2017, Mondays and Wednesdays ranging from 5–9:15 p.m. Financial Aid eligible. (FAFSA)