As of May 22, 2015
Changes to Building A Construction Zone: Week of June 1 through Fall 2015
The construction fencing in front of Building A will be moved the week of June 1. See Map PDF of new fence line.
- The fence will extend south, temporarily encompassing the circle drive's accessible parking spaces.
- Additional accessible parking spaces are being created in Lot 2a. See Map PDF.
- A pedestrian path for access to Building M will be created using barriers.
- A new sidewalk is being laid for access to Building M's east door.
We appreciate your patience during this phase of the underground utility work.
Canning Center for Student and Enrollment Services (Building A): Underground Utility
A portion of the campus around Building A is closed due to construction. Construction will continue through fall 2017.
- Building A is open during the underground utility work, but some exits are closed. NOTE: In an emergency, the exits will provide a means for egress.
- Temporary pedestrian paths provide alternate access to Buildings A and S and signage will be used to direct people to buildings.
- Utility work will continue through this summer. Work on the addition to Building A will begin in fall 2015. The renovated Building A will open as the Canning Center in fall 2017.
- See Map PDF of construction zone and alternate paths.
The Canning Center for Student and Enrollment Services will be a comprehensive student center housing the One Stop, Enrollment Services, Bookstore, Testing Center and Student Development -- plus other services and departments.
The old section of Building D and Lake Drive are closed for construction.
For an overview of the long range plans for Harper College, see the full Campus Master Plan.
Infrastructure work has begun in preparation for the renovation of Building A, the new Canning Center. Several entrances and the sidewalks around Building A will be closing this week when the construction fence is erected. Pedestrian detours are being set … Continue reading
The center section of Building D is gone. This week they will be breaking up the foundation. See more photos of the demolition and construction of Building D. In its place, we are building a new glass rotunda that will … Continue reading