As of March 30, 2015
Canning Center (Building A): Underground Utility Work
Beginning Wednesday, April 1, a portion of the campus around Building A will be closed due to construciton. Construction will take place from Spring 2015 through Fall 2017.
- Construction will close a portion of the campus around Building A.
- Building A will be open during the underground utility work, but some exits will be closed. NOTE: In an emergency, the exits will provide a means for egress.
- Temporary pedestrian paths will provide alternate access to Buildings A and S and signage will be used to direct people to buildings.
- Utility work will continue through this summer. Work on the addition to Building A will begin in fall 2015. The renovated Building A will open as the Canning Center in fall 2017.
- See Map PDF of construction zone and alternate paths.
The Canning Center will be a comprehensive student center housing the One Stop, Enrollment Services, Bookstore, Testing Center and Student Development -- plus other services and departments.
The old section of Building D and Lake Drive are closed for construction.
For an overview of the long range plans for Harper College, see the full Campus Master Plan.
Infrastructure work has begun in preparation for the renovation of Building A, the new Canning Center. Several entrances and the sidewalks around Building A will be closing this week when the construction fence is erected. Pedestrian detours are being set … Continue reading
The center section of Building D is gone. This week they will be breaking up the foundation. See more photos of the demolition and construction of Building D. In its place, we are building a new glass rotunda that will … Continue reading