Academic Advising and Counseling Services
Walk-in Advising and Registration Days (Aug 16-18) – Continuing Students
First-come, first-served walk-ins for students in good standing (I117).
By appointment for students with academic holds (I117).
For appointments call 847-925-6393 (students with holds).
Walk-in Advising and Registration Days – Hours (Continuing Students only)
August 16: 11am-7pm in Building I, Room 117
August 17: 11am-7pm in Building I, Room 117
August 18: 9am-4pm in Building I, Room 117
Get help developing your educational plans.
Students are encouraged to see a counselor each semester to update their educational plans, check for changes in the Harper curriculum and verify transfer information. It is recommended that students call well in advance to schedule appointments, particularly during mid and late semester.
Choose the office that best meets your needs.
- Already applied, but never taken Harper classes: Center for New Students
- Transferring Prior Credit or Work Experience to Harper: Go forward even faster by inquiring about getting credit for your prior college or work experience
- Plan to transfer: Transfer Information
- Help choosing a major or career: Career Development Center
- Interested in an accelerated, part-time program: Fast Track Program
- Currently or previously enrolled at Harper: Academic Advising and Counseling or Center for Multicultural Learning
- International student on F1 Visa: International Student Office
- ESL: English as a Second Language Office
Academic Advising FAQs
Please review these before you contact a counselor. Chances are you'll find the answer here.